Best sounding V6 engine ever made (EVO)

Andyk

This months EVO they look at the best sounding cars ever by type.......

So what do you think the best sounding V6 was................................Guiseppe Busso Alfa Romeo V6......As we all know the last great Alfa engine..........

No Maserati engines in there I'm afraid but in the V8's they test the 911 Carrera GTS, Aston Martin S roadster, Audi R8 spyder and Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder.........and the winner is................The 8C....Another Alfa......At last Alfa are coming out on top of group tests....HURRAY.......

Interesting one is the Ferrari 599 GTO against the Lexus LFA..........The suprise is and I quote.......'Get hung up on the badge and you'll be blind to its magic. Revel in its rarity, its abilities and the fact we are unlikely to see its like again and you'll understand why the LFA is one of the greats and why this test ends with three unexpected, hard won and thoroughly deserved words...LEXUS BEATS FERRARI....................

And the winner they have picked for the best sounding car of all time......Mclaren F1..............And they picked a loser as well...Bugatti Veyron............

Other than that not much in it this month apart from a road test of the Maserati Grancabrio Sport.....I do love this car..........I did not realise that the gear box was the standard auto that has been breathed on.....Thought it had the MC shift............Also I didn't realise that teh Gcab is Maseratis biggest seller at the moment...........Anyway they really like it woth 4.5 out of 5.....

Oh and for Adam the buyers guide is the Audi RS6...Yawn...and a road test of the Merc E63AMG...

ENZ525

Interesting Andy...don't normally buy evo, but my have a wander into whsmiths and have a little read

dem maser

Id say the GTV V6.....when i had that car it was unbelievable....love the V8 now but the GTV had a pig snort to it.....i loved it

marcos

Looking forward to the quad exhaust on my V6 :)

The 8Cs engine is the GranSport unit anyway so a stealth win for Maserati ;)

Aston V12 get a look in?

dem maser

You going ahead with it lewis?? Thought you wernt going to touch this one haha

I thiught the 8c was the GTS engine, 4.7??

Parisien

But wasn't the 8C engine the same at the Maserati engine........we will have that win by proxy.....:).....;)

P

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
IMO that doesn't really matter. It's the engine that makes the noise, the exhaust refines it.

Parisien

True Ian.......or channels it/amplifies it.....without a wonderful source......theres less you can do with it

P