Fuel injector cleaning services?

2b1ask1

Special case
Has anyone used or got any information, recomendations, reservations or observations about the merits of having injectors ultrasonically cleaned?

Clearly these very hard working parts do suffer from deterioation over the life of a vehicle and can be blocked by particles suspended in the fuel that get through the filters.

Should they simply be replaced or is cleaning and refurbishment as good as its cracked up to be?

My lads Saxo has lost it's idle and lacks performance as it has been sitting for the best part of a year and has only ever been fueled on the cheap I guess. It is pointing towards blocked injectors...

Do our cosseted babies who are fuelled with the best stuff suffer from this problem?

The companies offering the service talk about 5-10% loss of power in 50k; if true thats equivelent to the DMS tune!

at £12 per injector plus postage both ways it could be worthwhile...

Discuss;

maserati

Some agents recommend periodically adding a fuel injector cleaning product to the tank.

Regards,

Paul

rotorheadcase

I had my injectors cleaned as part of the 50k service and I throw a bottle of injector cleaner in the fuel tank every month. Don't know if it makes a huge difference but it's cheap insurance. I do use only 98 RON fuel, so the injector cleaning recovery is likely less than the claimed 10%

Neil

Gp79

A bit of thread revival!

Has anyone had their Bosch injectors ultrasonically cleaned / tested?

Was there any noticeable improvement?

My GS is running well but thought after 12 yrs and 68k a professional clean wouldn't do any harm.

Interested to hear any feedback.

philw696

Mines on a 100,000 and going up.
Good fuel and regular use is the key.
I throw a couple of fuel treatments in a year as we get through loads at work and costs me nothing.
At the last Bosch training I attended last year I was told additives in the tank are okay.
Do not put anything through the intake manifold.

urquattrogus

I had mine cleaned, spray tested, and seals renewed by Colchester Fuel Injection in Essex.

They made a nice job, we use them all the time for work. Couldn't say about price as I called in a "favour"

EnzoMC

Newton - BE VERY CAREFUL - I did this and ended up costing me £1,000s with starting issues - I ended up having to replacing all my injectors

turns out the GS are very fussy on the amount of fuel, if the injectors filters are replaced you could end up with same issue as I had.

I would suggest you make sure identical filters are used on the service - I've had this service done on a lot of my old cars with no issues but the GS did not like the replacement filters - you maybe OK and so hope it is fine for you.

I have my original set of injectors (as spares) with I've replaced the filters and look the same as my originals ones - not tested as the car is now running great and dare not change anything at the moment

happy for you to use these spare injectors if needed