3200 Assetto Corsa - clutch upgrade?

No 1

Hi all
New to this forum, drive an Assetto Corsa, no.1 of 75.
Clutch is on the way out and i'm looking to replace it - does anyone have any experience of, or know about a possible upgrade for the AC?
Any info much appreciated
Cheers

Parisien

No1 was talk of a Kevlar type clutch in the USA, don't really think it turned out as hoped for, plus I believe it was for the 4200/GS.

Don't know of an up-grade as such for the 3200, but they did up-grade the clutch for the 4200 during its life to a double tang spec.

P

Parisien

Oh...and welcome to our forum.....do enjoy....do fill us in on your No 1 AC status....a few pics would be fab too!

P

No 1

Here's a track day pic from Donnington - might explain why clutch worn!!
As to Assetto Corsa - she is a joy when on song, and an expensive mistress!!
Had her since new , 26000 miles on clock and immaculate. The AC tweeks make for a completely different drive to the standard 3200, and in my opinion, a nicer looking car than a 4200 as well as more of a 'drivers' car!

Attachments

• Vsmall1096594314_FB.jpg
    Vsmall1096594314_FB.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 63

lozcb

As to the clutch issue does anyone have experience of the Zachs upgrade?
http://en.sachsperformance.com/sach...98-032002/sre-performance-kupplung-set-2.html
Cheers!

Best chap to talk to would be Roberto of grimaldi engineering or Myles at Emblem , both very conversant with all things 3200 , as to the upgraded sachs clutch plate , there have been very positive results , one thingn to check first would be the release bearing/and or mechanism linkages though , they are prone top collapsing and give the impression the clutch is on its way out

regards loz

Andyk

Hi No 1...and a big welcome to the forum with what is becoming one of the most desirable mdern Maserati........Love it.....Hats off to you for taking her around Donny..

dem maser

Ive met yiu havent i??
You came to stanford, we were talking bout it....i have number 20....
You bought her from new......

No 1

Yes was at stamford last year, and will hopefully attend next as well.
I'll keep an eye out for other events and maybe see you and other forum members.

As to the car, originally supplied by Meridien, it was in there show room unregistered for sometime, then registered by them in 02 in order to meet their 'sales targets'. i purchased it from them a few months after, the car having about 200 miles on the clock, most of that from the factory road testing carried out on all AC's prior to shipping.
She is number1 of 75 UK supplied cars and i obviously have a comprehensive collection of bills and service documentation, she has been spared no expence!

Recently fitted Larini back boxes so not only does she drive well, but sounds so sweet!

Thanks Loz for the contacts, I'll make a few calls and see where we go from there, but any more info on the clutch issue much appreciated!

rs48635

Best chap to talk to would be Roberto of grimaldi engineering or Myles at Emblem , both very conversant with all things 3200 , as to the upgraded sachs clutch plate , there have been very positive results , one thingn to check first would be the release bearing/and or mechanism linkages though , they are prone top collapsing and give the impression the clutch is on its way out

regards loz

Welcome No 1
I echo ^^^^ loz, check release bearing via inspection hatch on driver side of bell housing. Relaced last year at 64,000 miles, half of them done by me on same clutch. The friction surfaces were in decent shape, but pressure plate fingers "age" apparently.
Appears that release bearing is made of toffee on my car, torn almost completely off!
Fitted full standard 3 piece clutch kit (sachs anyway)

lozcb

Yes was at stamford last year, and will hopefully attend next as well.
I'll keep an eye out for other events and maybe see you and other forum members.

As to the car, originally supplied by Meridien, it was in there show room unregistered for sometime, then registered by them in 02 in order to meet their 'sales targets'. i purchased it from them a few months after, the car having about 200 miles on the clock, most of that from the factory road testing carried out on all AC's prior to shipping.
She is number1 of 75 UK supplied cars and i obviously have a comprehensive collection of bills and service documentation, she has been spared no expence!

Recently fitted Larini back boxes so not only does she drive well, but sounds so sweet!

Thanks Loz for the contacts, I'll make a few calls and see where we go from there, but any more info on the clutch issue much appreciated!

She sounds a beauty , If you have had the car from new and its ex Meridian , then you could possibly know Myles of Emblem sports cars , he was trained at Meridian and worked there for some time so he probably knows your car , he's very amiable and would be happy to check it out probably FOC , one of the best indies in the UK and very good rates aswell

regards loz