Stainless Wheel Bolts

zagatoes30

Fitted a set to my Spyder the other day they are really stunning and make really set the refurbished wheels off nicely.

conaero

Forum Owner
Some very sad news from Sprogs today, I would like to publicly thank Stuart for all his efforts over the years.

Morning Matt,

Sad news I'm afraid, we are having to stop making bolts due to impending redundancy with our day jobs.

Could you please send our thanks to everyone who has bought bolts from us, it has really been a pleasure dealing with so many nice people.

We have one set of 3200 Assetto Corsa bolts due to a cancelled order that I will sell to anyone on the forum for the best offer given.

Many thanks for all your help in the beginning Matt.

Best wishes Stuart (Sprogs)

midlifecrisis

After having mine for five years, they're still as shiny the day they went on. Good luck Sprogs in getting a new job soon and thank you for doing a great job.
31a8c549de8338628ae1ed1340681117.jpg

Billy3200

Some very sad news from Sprogs today, I would like to publicly thank Stuart for all his efforts over the years.

Matt - Just sent you a PM. I am would like to buy the last set of bolts that Stuart has from that cancelled order - what is the best way of contacting him?

Mark

conaero

Forum Owner
Matt - Just sent you a PM. I am would like to buy the last set of bolts that Stuart has from that cancelled order - what is the best way of contacting him?

Mark

See the first post on page 1 his mobile and email are on there.

Caldy999

Sad news re the job front - hope all comes good. As a newbie I was trawling the old posts and really fancied a set of these!

StuartW

An old thread revival here but with the sad end to the Sprogs' fantastic s/s wheel bolt production, does anyone know of an alternative manufacturer that we could try for bespoke s/s wheel bolt production?

I know that it is going to be very hard to find such good quality and value but I would very much like to see if I could get some made up for my car, they are showing signs of corrosion already. Sprogs unfortunately is not able to recommend anyone that would meet his standards.

Thanks all

alfatwo

Stainless steel aint a good material for making wheel bolts, period... they may look nice but it's a very bad material for bolt clamping loads!

All manufacture's OM wheel bolts are made from a malleable mild steel mix coated with chromium plate and there a good reason for this!

I know over the years I keep knocking on about this subject....but if you fit any non standard parts to your car your insurance unless you tell them is null and void..

No Idea what Ben was doing when his shiny bolts failed, but I hope he wasn't any near my grand daughter's bus top!

Dave