Recommendations and Warnings

budgie

Nope they had a complete set of shims in stock and they had to adjust every setting on mine, I will post the print out later, they will set the car up however you want, as I said they dropped mine 1 inch'ish all round first and then set it up..

Bloody good job I'm a happy bunny !!!!!!!!!!!!!

budgie

What's happening about a Chistmas do ? if you lot want to have it in the same place i.e. Villa D'este I don't mind booking it

conaero

Forum Owner
I think Miles is still accepting ideas, the date has been sort of firmed up though.

I think we are considering doing the same hotel, but a different venue for the meal and the karting, just to vary it a bit.

Parisien

I said I would go cos Matt...threatened me with instant expulsion from the forum if I missed the 2nd Xmas do......I know what side my bread is buttered on!!

Believe me Loz.....the pleasure will be all mine.......

Long live Sportsmaserati!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Emtee

What's happening about a Chistmas do ? if you lot want to have it in the same place i.e. Villa D'este I don't mind booking it

Hi Keith, Hope you're well?

I've been looking at Italians in Marlow and there seems to be just three? Villa D'Este, Zizzi and Francesco's?

THe food at Villa D'Este was spot on, but seating was a bit cramped. If we could get a bit more space it would be ideal. What do you think?

budgie

The VD is best in the area IMO (the other two you mentioned are not up to much food wise and a rip off)

you have also got within striking distance for the hotel

the Waterside in Bray (The Roux brothers place)
http://www.waterside-inn.co.uk/

the Hinds Head Bray (now owned by Heston) they have a private dining room but it is not that big
http://www.thehindsheadhotel.com/#welcome,introduction

the Complete Angler on Marlow Bridge (but I do not rate it)
http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/compleatangler/

the Royal Oak Paley Street (Michael Parkinson’s Pub) now with a Michelin Star another of my locals (very Good, but a bit small) Dominic the chef is a mate of mine
http://www.theroyaloakpaleystreet.com/

I am also a member here which has a large private dining room
http://crazybeargroup.co.uk/beaconsfield/

My shout would still be the VD followed by The Crazy Bear if we can get in, it might be fully booked

Later Keith

Emtee

Thanks Keith. I've eaten at the top two. Thought the Hinds Head was okay, but the Waterside, in spite of top notch grub, was a bit stuffy and up itself (just my opinion)

Is the Royal Oak any bigger than VdE? What are the prices like?

Do you reckon the guys at VdE could give us a bit more table space if we go there this year?

budgie

Probably a bit Smaller and now it has it's M. Star the portions are a bit smaller prices on the site ... food is V Good and local produce .........

conaero

Forum Owner
Miles, for me, the VE's issue was the space, we were packed in like sardines and it was very hot and cramped. As others have said, the food was top notch.

Also, dont mind eating a bit later this year as everyone was happy in the hotel bar blowing the froth off a few.

The Crazy Bear looks stunning, and assume very expensive?

The Library would be my first choice then the lodge. If others are concerned about the £200 room hire, the forum will be happy to pick up that tab.

Parisien

Flights booked....so you can't change the date now guys!!!

Looking forward to it, is the Xmas thread a sticky Matt.....get a few more signed up over the next few weeks

P

dem maser

I liked last years restaurant but it was small and hopefully we will be more heads this year so id see if they can allow us the whole of the back area as that way we will have enough space.....

davy83

geometry in North East Scotland

For any one out there with a Maserati in the North East of Scotland, I discovered Clark motorsport, in Kintore, have the the equipment to do a fully geometry set up on my 3200GT. They are a small garage with some very knowledgeable guys there, I can recommend them. Its a lot easier than heading down to the central belt to get steering checked.

budgie

The Issue with VD is that at the back there is the entrance to the loos on one side and the entrance to the kitchen on the other, if you recall were straight down the middle almost end to end.

If you give me approx. Numbers and a date I will go and have a look and see if could be done better.

If you want, I will try to do a deal on the Crazy Bear I can’t promise but I will try (I’m a founder member and get concessions on the rooms), but they are really busy so do not have to do deals, but again if you give me numbers and a date I will get a price...

Later

Emtee

The Issue with VD is that at the back there is the entrance to the loos on one side and the entrance to the kitchen on the other, if you recall were straight down the middle almost end to end.

If you give me approx. Numbers and a date I will go and have a look and see if could be done better.

If you want, I will try to do a deal on the Crazy Bear I can’t promise but I will try (I’m a founder member and get concessions on the rooms), but they are really busy so do not have to do deals, but again if you give me numbers and a date I will get a price...

Later

Hi Keith, I've copied this all over to the thread in the events section so everyone can see it and comment.

The Crazy Bear looks, well it looks crazy, but in a good way.

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/sho...meet-Weekend-of-Saturday-10th-December/page13

Cheers, Miles.

davidhowson

Hi Guys

A post to tell you of the EXCELLENT service received at AUTOSHEILD in Manchester.

Took my yellow beastie in for the 43500 service last Thursday and collected the following day. Marios really knows his stuff and put right a few little issues such as skimming the rear discs, replacing the Denso spark plugs (which were only 12 months old but leaking compression), adjusted the clutch and sptopped my wippers from their occasional juddering all for less than £700 including the VAT.

Also had the pleasure of meeting one of our own, Dickie Grace. Best of luck with your new venture.

So in all, a fabulous experience and excellent value.

Thank you Marios, I will certainly be returing when the need arises (not too often I hope!!)

Regards to all

David

davidhowson

He did, Frank. He is certainly not a fan of the Denso plugs and on inspection I could see why. Gas had been escaping from where the metal screw thread meets the ceramic and was clearly not giving the best.
The car feels so much better now, but that's due to a combination of things rather than just the plugs. The best improvement was the adjustment to the clutch although I will need to replace this sooner rather than later as it is geting low.
Regards
-David-

Parisien

Yes, its been mentioned a few times, having said that my NGKs were leaking the first time I had the car in with him, so am wondering is leakage a general problem with the 4200s?

P