Something fishy about this one??

safrane

Was thinking abot the bee-sting antenna on the rear wing...that was droped in 2003! so should not be on a GS body?

adam01

Was thinking abot the bee-sting antenna on the rear wing...that was droped in 2003! so should not be on a GS body?

Noticed that too but thought the owner may have added it

(Although the OEM covers do have a cutting in that area to allow for the areial)

conaero

Forum Owner
My god, well spotted Peter.

You know, this was one of my biggest bug bares on the GS, if only I had known I would have had it retro fitted.

I found that on hard right cornering I would slip into the middle of the car. I am going to do a little research and see if I can turn up some more info to see if its gen or retro fit.

MAF260

Aerial could be for DAB radio? DAB needs a separate aerial, had to have one fitted to my Range Rover - £600!

conaero

Forum Owner
Can anyone close to ADG pop down and have a look at it and see:
1. if it looks OEM or aftermarket
2. is it attached to the center consul or the drivers seat?

Mike Roberts had a 3200 in with the same thing. He said that it was a press car, and hence not a full production car so odd things appear and disappear.

That does not tally with the GS above as its a 2006 model, I am intrigued!

adam01

Can anyone close to ADG pop down and have a look at it and see:
1. if it looks OEM or aftermarket
2. is it attached to the center consul or the drivers seat?

Mike Roberts had a 3200 in with the same thing. He said that it was a press car, and hence not a full production car so odd things appear and disappear.

That does not tally with the GS above as its a 2006 model, I am intrigued!

Can i be excused from making the visit - bit far

Andyk

I'm sure I read in a brochure that you could get an arm rest as an option...Must true and dig it out.....

I do like that car ... Lovely combo...

dem maser

You a funny man adam, you bothered to underline what you thought was an error....

Anyway, hope all is well down under....back on topic....

Would the aerial help my receive DAB?? I got a becker and the reception is not great.....

MAF260

Would the aerial help my receive DAB?? I got a becker and the reception is not great.....

Dem, you can only receive DAB with a DAB head unit. They're still pretty scarce in the UK, mainly because of the extra hardware required. I wouldn't recommend you start drilling holes in your AC - it's irreversible.

safrane

It has the standard radio, and the antenna looks like a post 2003 one?...now could it have been an old body shell left in the yard at Modena?...or has it had a new rear 1/4...where's Loz when he's needed?