Aircon fault E4

Zombie

Hi folks,
Hope you're having a good Xmas.

Got a very stubborn E4 fault which the Error Table implies is "towards battery" SA sensor fault. This is only visible on the Italian version of the table - the english version shows this fault as knob setting data checksum error. The unit is fully gassed.

Does anyone know what the SA Sensor is on the 3200GT Air Conditioning system?

Cheers,
Zombie

conaero

Forum Owner
SA sensor I think is the sunshine sensor mounted on the top and centre of the dash?

Have you had the dash top off recently as you have to disconnect it to do that and it may have been forgotten to be reconnected?

Zombie

Many thanks for the reply, quite sure that one is ok, I've replaced it.

I will double check though could be the loom...

Cheers
Zomb

lozcb

Many thanks for the reply, quite sure that one is ok, I've replaced it.

I will double check though could be the loom...

Cheers
Zomb

Had the same when i pulled some fuses , e light came up on the dash , Dick lovet said it was the temp sensors on the wing mirrors , but i played wirth the fuses that i had pulled again and it went out , worth giving all the fuses connections a wiggle and a clean , then possibly to do battery reset

regards loz

Zombie

Done some further digging around and I think that the SA sensor is the "SENSORE TEMPERATURA ABITACOLO" - i.e. the cabin temperature sniffer.

That would be a great thing as its an easy one, but yep I replaced too some time ago :/ and it is easy to test, proving it works. Maybe a code clearance is all that is needed, but I don't know if E4 is one of the hard codes - it certainly doesn't clear with a battery disconnect.