Maserati 3200GT Silicone Coolant Hose kit.

SteveM

I believe the current kit offered by Roose includes the 6 main radiator/thermostat hoses, 4 short pipes for the water manifold below the inlet manifold and 2 lengths of pipe to connect toeach of the turbos. I think they will also sell three pipes for the radiator couplings if you split the radiator down but not really necessary if you are doing knock sensors and starter. The hoses to the heater are not available but I am sure Roose would make these up if someone wants to send them theirs as a sample.

I dont believe there are any air side hose kits available yet - again I think Roose were waiting on someone to send a set as samples but there are different hoses depending on Series 1 or Series 2/AC versions with different pop off valve arrangements.

Boomerang_GT

Hi there!

I am about to replace some turbo hoses because they don't look trustworthy to me anymore.
Since at the time I don't want to replace all hoses, I thought it would be good to have a list of the sizes to make it easier for 3200 GT owners to order them.
I for example made my first mistake by assuming that the upper and the lower intercooler hoses have the same size, what they don't.
For the upper intercooler connection you need two straight reducer from 54mm (intercooler side) to 51 mm (car side). They are around 7€/piece.
The lower hoses are 54mm to 45mm which are far more difficult to find and cost double the previous one.
The length can be chosen with 100mm all 4. Original the upper hoses are slightly shorter than 100mm and the lower slightly longer but 100mm will fit all perfectly!
The next hoses I would like to change are the internal cooler hoses from the radiator. 3 pieces 28mm in diameter and 45mm length.
Maybe some users can add additional sizes to fill a list of all sizes.

Below a picture of how the upper hoses looked like after 67.000 kilometers

006.jpg

Trev Latter

Likewise, I've recently changed all of my coolant hoses, although they didn't look too bad once off. I was "in there" changing the knock sensors, so just did everything while off the road for a short while. I also changed the oil return pipes from the turbos. That had gone hard and one was starting to show evidence of starting to split. All are available from Roose Motorsport. I don't know if they sell the individual hoses though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartW

Yep, I changed mine on my old AC with a set of silicones from Roose purely as a precautionary measure. The car had only done less than 50k miles but they were 13 years old at the time and not looking their best.

Money well spent for sure

StuartW

Yep, I changed mine on my old AC with a set of silicones from Roose purely as a precautionary measure. The car had only done less than 50k miles but they were 13 years old at the time and not looking their best.

Money well spent for sure

highlander

So, looking on the roose site they list 5 sets of hoses......total over a grand, not incl stainless clips which are another £300 - do you need to do them all? If so, that is quite a wedge for "just in case"
Oh, and they do some of them in green ;)

Trev Latter

These are what I put on mine Greg.

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/maserati-3200gt-coolant-hose-kit-580.html

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/maserati-3200gt-turbo-to-sump-hose-kit.html

I also changed all of the vacuum hoses for silicon, which was just a roll of 4mm i/d straight hose. It was worth paying the extra for the clips, which are very good quality. Worth noting though, that the external diameter of the vacuum hose is slightly smaller than the original hoses and you'll need to change the clips on those. I'll probably do the boost hoses at some point, but mine are all looking pretty good at the moment, having changed a couple of suspect ones last year.

Boomerang_GT

Thank you for all the replies! :) In our German speaking forum it takes ages until someone replies. Seems there are many 3200 GT enthusiasts in GB!
Thank you also for the links. 210 Pounds seem a very good deal. Does not make sense in this case to buy them peace by peace besides that some formed hoses won't be possible to get as single pieces.
210 Pounds is a bargain when preventing standing on the highway in summer with a blown hose :D
Think I'm going to order them.
Cheers!