Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NIT units or What's in the arm rest of a 4200?

Hi Astrl

Have a look at this thread as well as it shows you the back of the nit. You have the choice with the loudlink of either fitting it inside the lid of your arm rest or you can fit in the boot and disconnect the cd multichanger if you have one.

Very helpful for me, even 7 years later! The explanation of the detachment of the NIT unit and the description of the connections ended my time-consuming research!
    A very big THANK YOU from Munich!
    Christian

Welcome to SportsMaserati Christian.
    Ex Technician for Wanganui Motors Ford and Mazda.
    Technician for Fredco Automasters Auckland.
    Technician for Auckland Maserati and Lotus in New Zealand March 2015 to July 2016.
    On my second 4200 cambio corsa brought over to NZ.
    Current fleet:
    Maserati 4200 cambio corsa MY 2004.
    Range Rover Vogue 2008 4.4 Comfy Daily.
    1977 Daimler Sovereign XJC 4.2 one of only 2 in New Zealand.
    1976 Mini Clubman 1275 on the road project.
    1994 Mini Cooper on the road for www.porkpie,co.nz
    2010 BMW G450X Enduro Bike for exercise
    1976 Kawasaki Z1000.
    1973 Raleigh Chopper 3 Speed in orange.

Thanks for an interesting thread!

I have the green satelite antenna signal, so I Guess I have a GPS signal. It even shows how many satelites it recieves signal from. BUT I don't have the CD With the map.... As I just bought the car, I still need to find out some small Things about it and this forum is the real source for me right now! So here goes:

1) What map CD should I get? And where? and at what price? How can I get the latest software upgrde for it?

2) My car has no CD changer. I like CDs to be honest!! I want a CD changer. Is this a special CD changer, or can I get one from a stereo-manufacturer?

I also want my car to play my phone Music via bluretooth. I did some reaseasch, and found out that Alpine has a wireless unit that can be put anywere in the car, and plays Music from my phone and is a handsfree phone system when paired with the phone via Bluetooth. Since Norway no longer use FM, all radio is sent on DAB. This is a really pain in the *** because cars without DAB radios, will not play any radio anymore.... So this Alpine system does also play DAB radio. The wiring must of course be wired though.

3) Has antone installed this unit?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drive with style!

Miket has one of those in his spyder and he highly rates ot sure he will be along with his views

Blaupunkt cd changer in the boot but the system is of the era where it is very sensitive to what type of cds you put in it and refuses to play CD-Rs only original CDs so it's useless to me

Also the sat nav is antiquated, unless the roads in Norway have not changed in 20 years I would not bother the money time and energy into sourcing the CD unless someone happens to give it to you. You are much better off getting a nice looking magnetic phone cradle that clips over the vent and use waze or Google maps

Do cars without the 6CD Changer in the boot still come wired for it?

As others have said, the CD changer units are pretty fussy. Mine has almost completely stopped working in fact.

I plan to replace mine with an mp3 player, that uses USB or SD card:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-US...8AAOSwevdaGn9U

(I have no connection to the seller, nor have I used them, I'm posting this link only to show the product!)

That plugs in where the CD changer is, in the boot, doesn't skip like a CD does, and has no issues being read.
    I haven't played around with it much as I bought it to fit to my Fiat Panda, and only temporarily tried it in the Maserati to see if it works.
    I *think* it will only allow 6 folders of music (6 'CDs') with 99 songs max since the Maserati system only has 6 slots.
    In the Fiat it allows many more, but it uses up and down to change discs, not numbers 1 through 6.

CD changer wise, there are a number on eBay if you search 4200 CD changer. They were also fitted to some Fiats, and I think Citreons, so cheaper ones can be found. I gave up due to them being old and a bit unreliable.
    As for fitting in the boot, again I don't know what the non CD changer cars are like, but the changer unit simply fits into a carpeted panel that velcros in place on the left of the boot.
    Chris

'98 Elise S1 - The Keeper
    '07 Panda 100HP - The Little Hooligan Daily
    '08 159 Jtdm - For The Family
    '04 Coupe GT - My welcome to the world of Maserati!

Quote Originally Posted by Corranga View Post
    Do cars without the 6CD Changer in the boot still come wired for it?
    I believe so. I might still have one in the garage, but odds on it working now hover about nil, or less. It is a standard Balupunk unit and anything that pretends to be a changer should work.

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS

With regards to the Ebay bluetooth/sd card unit or the Alpine version....When making blutooth phone calls, can the factory microphone connect to these units, or do we have to use the ones bundled with them and re-route them near the rear view mirror?

This one looks good: ???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-A...cAAOSwl2haGyKD
    Last edited by Rick1008; 03-02-2018 at 22:24 PM. Reason: update with link

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1008 View Post
    With regards to the Ebay bluetooth/sd card unit or the Alpine version....When making blutooth phone calls, can the factory microphone connect to these units, or do we have to use the ones bundled with them and re-route them near the rear view mirror?

This one looks good: ???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-A...cAAOSwl2haGyKD
    Having refitted the factory phone kit to my car, the factory microphone plugs into the car loom local under the headliner.
    I guess you could cut off the plug, and wire to the new kit.
    Mike

02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    17 BMW M140i
    15 Volvo V40 D4 R-Design

Past Italians: FIAT Panda, Lancia Y10 Fire, Lancia Y10 Turbo, Alfa Romeo 33S 16V Cloverleaf Permanent 4, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456