Reading error codes on an early 3200GT

williamsmix

Hi Mike, I can't remember where you are located as you could borrow mine, KT25DJ.
Thank you for the offer but I’m down on the Isle of Wight, so probably easier for me just to buy one. I don’t have any immediate need to do any diagnostics. I was just interested in testing it out my set up on the PC to make sure that everything works, for when I do need it.

williamsmix

Problem solved with a little brutal ingenuity! I cut the top off the connector, filed down the pins and stuck the top back on again. Continuity and fit tested!

Limpin

Hey guys, I too am having troubles, i have the 3pin grey connector on my 1999 3200gt, i bought a foxwell NT530 unit and a fiat3pin adapter and just ended up with "no connection" So i think its time for me to get a VAG KKL cable and a laptop with windows no later than XP, and Unidiag. Can i find the Unidiag software online or do i need redsonnylee to pm me as well haha. Ive been getting CEL after driving for a couple mins, goes into limp mode, Also shifting from 3rd down to 2nd or 1st is impossible before the car has warmed up after 5-10mins of driving. Basically, i need to see what the issues are.

Alfaroo36

Hi, I’m struggling to find the unidiag sofware ? New 3200gt owner and my car is early 2000 so uses the 3 pin connector not obd2. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

redsonnylee

Hi, I’m struggling to find the unidiag sofware ? New 3200gt owner and my car is early 2000 so uses the 3 pin connector not obd2. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

You have a PM, let us have some details on your car as a previous owner might be here. My old 3200 was chassis no ...1975

Alfaroo36

This is the second 3200GT that we’ve owned over the last 4 yrs. This was the first which we sold through CCA auctions so not sure who bought it & where it is now. Regretted selling it so kept my eye out for a decent replacement …. 4 yrs later ended up with the grey car.101339

redsonnylee

This is the second 3200GT that we’ve owned over the last 4 yrs. This was the first which we sold through CCA auctions so not sure who bought it & where it is now. Regretted selling it so kept my eye out for a decent replacement …. 4 yrs later ended up with the grey car.View attachment 101339
Same colour as my old 3200 & also still miss it.

Alfaroo36

I’ve downloaded the files to my laptop and I’m using a genuine vagcom Ross tech interface with the Fiat adapter lead, I’ve also downloaded the Ftdi files as instructed. Power connection to battery positive and light comes on on interface but can’t get it to connect , am I doing something wrong ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 4

redsonnylee

I’ve downloaded the files to my laptop and I’m using a genuine vagcom Ross tech interface with the Fiat adapter lead, I’ve also downloaded the Ftdi files as instructed. Power connection to battery positive and light comes on on interface but can’t get it to connect , am I doing something wrong ?

Check the first post to ensure you are using the correct plug there are two under the dash to start wish & you have correctly set the baud rate 9600.

Alfaroo36

Also will my windows 10 laptop work with this software? Or should I be using something older with windows 98 on?

redsonnylee

Also will my windows 10 laptop work with this software? Or should I be using something older with windows 98 on?

I use windows XP, never managed to get a newer version of windows to work. I seem to remember it’s because of the asynchronistation speed.

Alfaroo36

This is turning into a bit of a nightmare trying to connect my car to the laptop. I’m no pc wiz , but I’ve follo the instructions best I can but it will not connect. I went out and bought a old laptop running windows xp and I’m using a genuine vcds or vagcom interface with the Fiat 3 pin adapter , I’m using the grey connector under the dash and struggling with the connection procedure. Not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong or the software isn’t correct ?.

Oneball

From past experience it’s almost certainly a software settings issue. Start from the beginning of the instructions and go through everything. Even not having the port you’ve got it plugged into set as COM1 had an effect on the ones I’ve used. Does your software show the cable being connected at all even if it won’t communicate?