Reading error codes on an early 3200GT

ledlights

Al,

The unidiag software allows you to specify the com port on the settings page but the interface electronics are not powered up until you plug the iso in and connect the red supply wire to the +ve battery terminal. So I suspect that's why you're not seeing anything on the screen.

The thing that took the time for me was finding the correct iso for the ECU - it's the grey one hidden behind the carpet on the RHS of the driver's footwell.

Good luck,

Steve

Almichie

Well hopefully you're right! I think I've doing the ISO connector - it has a black cap on and is grey/red. I'll have a play later.

Thanks again!

Almichie

Soooooo my new lead turned up today and it's now working! I can connect and see the faults displayed n the ECU! Little things please, don't they?!

Thanks for the support LED

ledlights

Excellent.... Not little things though..... Think about the £100 a pop you're saving!

Glad it's worked.

Steve

Almichie

I have an unrecognised code that has been appearing...

E39AE958-FFC4-40FD-8CB3-218DBD243478-38405-0000377E01F131AE.jpg

Any ideas?

ledlights

Hi,

This should be an error with the brake pedal switch. I understand it has two contacts that operate in the opposite sense to one another.

Regards,

Steve

Dodgemnz

I just got around to helping my friend with his 3200. I manged to read three codes from the engine and i can also confim that it can be very tricky to find the diagnostic connector burried under the carpet and mounting frame for the ecu!
The codes i got where;
0X1172 = ?
P0500 = Vehicle speed sensor, fault stored validated cycle
0X1665 = Brake pedal sensor from previous post?

Has anyone generated a list for the known manufacturer specific codes (P1xxxx)

Mike

Last edited:

ledlights

I think the p
1172 code is related to lambda failure but is a idle compensation error.

The p0500 code is a speed sensor A error.

I haven't encountered either myself.

Steve

tom27

Hi , anyone have acces to Undiag group on yahoo ?

Can't be approved because group seems dead for months...

Can you PM me Undiag softwaree ?

Regards.

ledlights

Hi Tom,

If you go to the 1st post in this thread you can download from there.

Regards,

Steve

tom27

Hi, thx !

I've be approved by group ;) .

When you use Unidiag to check ECU, what definition file you use ?
I get some problem to get a COM port with unidag interface. All seems ok, but no COM port in uni:frusty5:diag...

ledlights

Hi Tom,

Follow the first post through, you've got to set up the V A G interface as a COM port as it says in the how-to guide and then let unidiag know which is being used. You don't need anything other than the standard def file - it'll pick up most of the codes and for maserati specific ones you can look on the forum.

Steve

onlinesys

Gents,
I connected the cables and adaptor to the 3-pin cable in car with the notebook and got these. Did I connect to a wrong plug
from the car or I missed something?
Your help is much appreciated.
ECU-1.jpgecu-2.jpg

onlinesys

i still get the ERROR on the dash which should be the suspensions
but this error code doesn't show on the software. Moreover, I
shouldn't be that lucky to have no error codes in the car!!!

ledlights

It looks like you are that lucky! The ERROR light on the dash either refers to an oil pressure problem (usually just the gauge) or is related to the suspension actuators. Unfortunately, unidiag doesn't connect to this ECU and the plug is behind the cover panel in the boot anyway. Assuming it's an actuator, you can usually diagnose which is at fault by taking off each one in turn and seeing if the top gear spins as you switch on the ignition - there's a description on this site that should help further.

Good luck,

Steve

onlinesys

Morning Steve, thanks for the info.
I always thought the ERROR light (with nothing behind) is only suspension actuators related.
I did try to clear the DTCs but the ERROR light is on permanently. However, I did have the
oil pressure gauge playing around every now and then with pressure bars moving towards 2.5 bar or lower.
I guess it might be something to do with the famous oil pressure sender.
Cheers, Ming

dunnah01

Red ERROR light is a suspension actuator or shock absorber, you need to test each one in turn to see which is faulty. Once the fault is rectified the light will go out without any need to plug the suspension ECU into an SD2/3 tester. Oil pressure fluctuation down to 2.5 bar is fine at idle but above about 1200rpm it may be a bit more concerning.

lee

Can you get love data as well as codes I need someone to send me all sensor data mins maxs so on maybe a live data screen shot of 900rpm 2500rpm so on :) so I can do some testing

ledlights

Unfortunately, you can't with Unidiag. For the live data, you need to get it plugged into an SD2/3 - maybe at Carrs?

TBH I think the static codes will tell you most of the problems because any codes that arise are stored and shown as such.

Steve