Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheeler Dealers Engine De-Coke

Did anyone see Wheeler Dealers last night? something was shown which might be of interest.. .

Edd China used a new machine (Fuel System Decabonizer) where compressed air forced some highly refined fuel into the injector rail and the engine ran on that fuel for the cleaning process (it took about an hour). Whilst the engine was running on said fuel it cleaned from the engine to the end of the exhaust system "like colonic irrigation for the engine" pre-combustion and post combustion.

New technology being rolled out at the moment, cost around £70 dependant on engine size. Seemed to do the trick on the Jaguar.

Is this just a conventional engine De-Coke ??

Views appreciated ?? !!

What a modern version of pouring redex into the carb for clouds of white smoke?!
    Mike

02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    10 BMW 3 Series Touring M Sport

Yes I did see it last night James but was too pooped to put it on here...

I think it is in with a real shout of making any older petrol engine significantly better without megga expense of nuts and bolts to take the head(s) off. I have been looking at the merrits of getting the injectors ultra sonically cleaned (costs about £40 each) and this will give around 40% improvement on a 70k mile engine. It is only the injectors though. For the same money or less Edd's system de-cokes the whole system so it really appeals to me....

Just need to find someone who has it in their arsenal now!
    Newton 2b1ask1

Returned a veteran of the Centenary campaign... Never missed a beat; awesome just awesome!

03 4200cc Coupe - Unlock, sit in, checks, turn the key to third click, pause - one, two, three, four and start.... feel that rumble and the smile returns! Select gear, handbrake off nice and go gently to let the fluids warm through....

Engage sports button & hooligan mode!!!! Life is good when it has a Maserati in it....

Induction transmogrification underway!!!!

THe unit in question is here:

http://www.terraclean.net/product.php?id=1

Group buy???
    Newton 2b1ask1

Returned a veteran of the Centenary campaign... Never missed a beat; awesome just awesome!

03 4200cc Coupe - Unlock, sit in, checks, turn the key to third click, pause - one, two, three, four and start.... feel that rumble and the smile returns! Select gear, handbrake off nice and go gently to let the fluids warm through....

Engage sports button & hooligan mode!!!! Life is good when it has a Maserati in it....

There seems to be exclusions on certain fuel injection systems, proceed with caution and be sure before you go. I have used Redex and found that coupled with such as Shell V-Power keeps the engine really clean and full of power as normal.
    Robert
    07 Gransport LE, DMS Software Upgrade & ReMap=440+BHP, Full Larini Sports Exhaust, Anniversary Blue/Black-Blue Piping Full Leather, Carbon Fibre Trim.
    02 3200 GTA Assetto Corsa, Grigio Touring, 75/75, 550 Discs, Race Pads
    09 Jeep Commander Overland 5.7 V8 Hemi, ProFlow Exhaust
    Gone but not forgotten
    (07 4200 CambioCorsa Facelift, Blue Nettuno, Pearl Beige - Now Sold )
    (98 Jaguar XJR Upgraded, Sadly now gone to new owner, who has recently bought a 4200 after seeing mine.)

I have made a direct enquiry to the manufacurers and invited them to contribute directly to the thread.... Lets wait and see what comes of it!
    Newton 2b1ask1

Personally I have not used redex or any other fluid systems in my Maserati but have used several ytpes in other budget motors over the years. When my daughter got her Corsa about 3 years ago I replacedthe plugs and ran a large spray can top end de-coke system through the induction pipe and that definately found some of the missing horses (it didn't have many to lose), other motors have had some success with redex and I even chuck some in the soot chuckers on occasions....
    Newton 2b1ask1

Quote Originally Posted by jamesc69 View Post
    Did anyone see Wheeler Dealers last night? something was shown which might be of interest.. .

Edd China used a new machine (Fuel System Decabonizer) where compressed air forced some highly refined fuel into the injector rail and the engine ran on that fuel for the cleaning process (it took about an hour). Whilst the engine was running on said fuel it cleaned from the engine to the end of the exhaust system "like colonic irrigation for the engine" pre-combustion and post combustion.

New technology being rolled out at the moment, cost around £70 dependant on engine size. Seemed to do the trick on the Jaguar.

Is this just a conventional engine De-Coke ??

Views appreciated ?? !!
    Was out on the town last night, the usual curry with the boys. Sky+ it, so Ill have a gander tonight.

Current:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, Alfa GT JTD, Fiat 500, 1969 Opel GT.

Past Masters:
    1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder

Here you go, check this out:

Current:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, Alfa GT JTD, Fiat 500, 1969 Opel GT.

Past Masters:
    1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder

Very interesting, worth a look. Let us know what response you get Newton??
    Thanks James & Newton for bringing this up.
    Robert
    07 Gransport LE, DMS Software Upgrade & ReMap=440+BHP, Full Larini Sports Exhaust, Anniversary Blue/Black-Blue Piping Full Leather, Carbon Fibre Trim.
    02 3200 GTA Assetto Corsa, Grigio Touring, 75/75, 550 Discs, Race Pads
    09 Jeep Commander Overland 5.7 V8 Hemi, ProFlow Exhaust
    Gone but not forgotten
    (07 4200 CambioCorsa Facelift, Blue Nettuno, Pearl Beige - Now Sold )
    (98 Jaguar XJR Upgraded, Sadly now gone to new owner, who has recently bought a 4200 after seeing mine.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast