Wheeler Dealers Engine De-Coke

EnzoMC

Thanks Benny, no probs in getting the little car done but the Mas now feel more better about getting it done, main reason I keep the outside clean(ish) and wanted to get the engine cleaned inside

EnzoMC

just an update, got this done on the little car which had a minor dead spot which has totaly gone, I think the big plus is the injector clean process

I did some further research whilst waiting for my Mas to be fixed - Subaru in CA use this as a yearly part of their service, a few jags had it done and had good feedback and seems to be a lot of good feedback from the BMW side. but I could find any feedback on anyone with a Mas, Ferrari or Lambo.

will see how I get on with the little hairdryer and may look to do this mainly to get the injectors cleaned as I would suspect it will cost more to get them taken out and cleaned.

Parisien

Am a bit apprehensive of any after market product....especially with an Italian V 8 engine

P

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I'll be getting mine Terracleaned in the near future. I'll let you know how I get on.

EnzoMC

update from my end, my dead spot returned on the hairdryer but still feels smoother on the acceleration - the good thing about Terraclean is the injector clean without pulling them out

still thinking about doing this on the Mas (for injector clean) but whats putting me off is the cleaning stuff in cans is also the fuel, so when this starts to run near the end of the cycle the engine start to struggle as if almost out of fuel, on 1.6 4cyl maybe not so bad but 8cyl engine... hmmm - can't be good for the engine

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Haven't looked into it, but must be some sort of strong solvent in the mix. Although for only a short duration could this not effect the cylinder bore lubrication?

2b1ask1

Special case
Following up on an earlier post by me today I dropped another enquiry to Terraclean and got a phone call back a few minutes ago :)

Fella is going to look into what options are available to us nationally....!

I'll keep you posted.

2b1ask1

Special case
Cool; like busses!

Another call back and steps in place for a group buy/treatment day at a location to suit us!

I've initially enquired for a location close to Ace Cafe so we could tie it into the next meet there (though not the Christmas one).

Treatment takes around 30 minutes per car. I haven't got prices yet as we would need to know numbers but who is potentially interested in cleaning their injectors, pipes and chambers???

1. 2b1

Contigo

Sponsor
It makes a massive difference on the Audi RS4 FSI engine which suffered from this coking problem. MRC charge nearly a grand for a decoke with walnut shells which is a much more labour intensive process than this 30 minute affair. Before and after Rolling road tests prove up to 30bhp differences.

CatmanV2

Having just watched the the first 5 minutes of the video, I am deeply suspicious.

The phrase 'colombic fractionation' is something that google can't find. Even spelling it correctly gives no relevant results. Then we have the statement that the fuels is split into nan-particles, and (somehow) there are more 'molecules' available, particularly hydrogen, to join with the carbon. Whoa, hang on, you just said that aliphatic carbons only produce C02 and H20. That would indicate that all your hydrogen 'molecules' are being used anyway.
Why are the carbon molecules positively charged? Is electrostatic attraction *really* going to cause the fuel charge to stratify (get attracted to the carbon deposits) in the combustion chamber after Ferrari's techs have spent so much money on making it all get mixed up.

Hmmm

C

rossyl

I thought it was not meant to have any effect on injectors on direct injection engines like the Audi FSI.

Contigo

Sponsor
I thought it was not meant to have any effect on injectors on direct injection engines like the Audi FSI.

The cars inject fuel directly into the cylinder, which means fuel never flows over the valves, which means they never get cleaned, resulting in the coking problem.

The answer is to drive it like you've stolen it. The difference on these cars measured can be as much as 50bhp depending on the driver!

MRC do a decoke on them with before and after results.

Parisien

Dunno guys, Phil dismantled his engine after the oil pump gave up, he never mentioned coking up of engine

P