Wheeler Dealers Engine De-Coke

philw696

Your right Frank at 90,000 the manifolds and all ports like new no cleaning needed except external cleaning.
I'm guessing harsh cleaning used in that process which you want no where near on a race engine which is what we have.
If you have a stinky messy diesel it might do something to help.
From my 30 years on the spanners if it's in that mess the only way is to strip clean.
What ever goes in is going to be burnt during combustion and put through the exhaust system.
Just my thoughts but I wouldn't do it to my cars.
Phil.

Parisien

Proof of the pudding guys............am sure this would have been reported on before if it was an issue of any kind

P

philw696

To be fair guys the best thing you can do is use premium fuel from the Big Boys ie Shell, Esso, BP as they employ scientists far clever than most of us probably and the additives that they put in the fuel to benefit the engine only cost pennies more on a tank over cheap Supermarket fuel.

hodroyd

That's what I have always done and in the event that I was forced to put cheap fuel in at any time, I just put a shot of redex in with it, never a problem for me..!!

philw696

You haven't said the best bit Rob that's Drive fast if you can because that's what keeps the engine sweet.
The Mobile De Coke and as long as you don't get caught its cheap and fun.

hodroyd

I was going to suggest that, but I thought that would prompt the gibes about driving too slow, so didn't..!!