Bill McGrath Open Day - Saturday August 4th

Grinzzz

Good to meet a few of you briefly on Saturday. Awesome collection of cars, but must stop looking at merak SS now before i do something stupid.

2b1ask1

Special case
Any more ictures of the QP shootingbreak on the ramp by the blue Ghibli...Liking that one...

I didnt get any photos of it Andy but it was in being prepped for a European tour next month and it is No.3 of only 4 made! It is a lovely bit of kit and the roof line trails so nicely into the point of the rear light with the break projecting subtly beyond that... Quality and well thought through design (Lipu take note); I personally think the wheels are wrong for it making it look too heavy but that is just my opinion....

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
Good to meet a few of you briefly on Saturday. Awesome collection of cars, but must stop looking at merak SS now before i do something stupid.

Good to finally meet you and your other half....refreshing to see your good lady as enthused as the rest of us.

Great to chew the cudd on all things Maserati and good to hear you have the tangerine GS handling the way you always wated it to.

Andyk

I didnt get any photos of it Andy but it was in being prepped for a European tour next month and it is No.3 of only 4 made! It is a lovely bit of kit and the roof line trails so nicely into the point of the rear light with the break projecting subtly beyond that... Quality and well thought through design (Lipu take note); I personally think the wheels are wrong for it making it look too heavy but that is just my opinion....

Its a shame that Maserati didn't take this design up...A QP shootingbrake would have been better than that 4 wheel drive effort thats coming out soon.................You are right on the wheels.....

Woody

There's a couple of pics in the album I linked in - not great though, as it was on the ramp.

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Here's one with proper wheels! :)

timthumb.php

72818872.jpg

Parisien

Not fussed guys.....looks like a cross between a Panamera and one of those Lexus jobbies.......

P

npaskin

Just wondering how this got a 60 registration plate, as they were made a few years back?

Woody

Just wondering how this got a 60 registration plate, as they were made a few years back?

I believe its based on the older car, but as it wasnt registered until 60 plates, it gets a 60. The reg is based on when its first registered not when its made. My Dads mate had an 1990 H plate MGB - it was in storeage, unreg'd, and he bought it and reg'd it...and used it daily, IIRC.

dem maser

My friend had an L reg renault 5 turbo, the only one in the country

They stopped at j reg so his one was deemed newer by everyone and so sold for a lot more