Maserati Cambiocorsa Promotional Video

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Transfered from VHS cassette, that I received with my car, supplied when new to the first owner:

[video=youtube;_gV-J1OF_t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gV-J1OF_t4[/video]

How to drive the cambiocorsa gearbox with skyhook and traction control, demonstrated by Ivan Capelli former racing driver for Ferrari and Maserati Trofeo driver.

Hope the link is okay, don't know how to embed this is my first submission to Youtube!

Parisien

Cheers Mike.......will look and learn!

P

PS Forward same to J Clarkson cos he aint seen it yet!!!!!!!!!

2b1ask1

Special case
Thanks Mike,

Taken from the view point that this was amongst the first road vehicles with a flappy paddle it's of its time. Worth watching anyway cheers.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Nothing new if you own one, but useful for a new owner.
I've never seen any other Maserati promotional videos, are they any?

Parisien

...apart from the one TG did.........in 2002....then again it didnt really promote the 4200.....;)

P

Mr.Cambio

This is great Mike!Thanks for sharing! Not sure if the gear changes are still smooth after the DBW on mine!

I was laughing at Ivan saying "drive in sport only in good weather" !

Parisien

Yup...a few things...one about the hill start....and another that the car changes up automatically when you redline it!

P

Mr.Cambio

If in sport mode though, it will not change up when you redline it, it bounces off the rev limiter!

Good point!Never realised that. Once i used the redline it was when i was at 250+ km and a carrera 4S was behind me. Cannt remember what the rpm was!

adam01

Transfered from VHS cassette, that I received with my car, supplied when new to the first owner:

How to drive the cambiocorsa gearbox with skyhook and traction control, demonstrated by Ivan Capelli former racing driver for Ferrari and Maserati Trofeo driver.

Hope the link is okay, don't know how to embed this is my first submission to Youtube!

Nice burnouts @ 11.0

............comparable to benny's?

rossyl

Thanks very much Mike.

It answered a question i had, whether dropping into Neutral at say 60MPH and then selecting a gear was "not to be done". Ivan seemed to suggest it was actually a good idea.

Taliesyn

Hi Mike,

I've only had my 4200 4 weeks, the dealer gave me tips on using the gearbox, but this video is a must see for all new cambiocorsa drivers.
thanks for sharing.

Taliesyn

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Glad it's been beneficial!
Of course that's the idea of the video and why it was supplied to new owners at the cars launch.
Whether it was supplied to all first owners, for the whole of the cars production run, I've no idea?!