headlight washer cover

blue520

I have just had to buy a new headlight washer cover after the last one decided to part company with the car.
Any ideas how ifit it?
Obviously just clips on but how do you get it out without getting soaked. Scared of just grabbing it before it goes back in just in case it snaps!

midlifecrisis

It's a two man job, you need someone to activate the window/light washer and someone else to catch the washer pipe. The pressure of the water extends the washer pipe and it's just a case of 'catching' it and holding it without applying any lateral (left/right/up/down) pressure. Once to have it, it's just a case of clipping it on, it's a bit fiddly but with patience and the mind set that you are going to get wet a bit, it's a simple job.

lozcb

It's a two man job, you need someone to activate the window/light washer and someone else to catch the washer pipe. The pressure of the water extends the washer pipe and it's just a case of 'catching' it and holding it without applying any lateral (left/right/up/down) pressure. Once to have it, it's just a case of clipping it on, it's a bit fiddly but with patience and the mind set that you are going to get wet a bit, it's a simple job.

Fishing line tied in a big loop , place it over your head and then tie it round the washer stalk , lift your head up and it pulls the stalk up leaving your two hands free to press the washer cover into place ..............simples

regards loz

2b1ask1

Special case
Ha ha... Chuckled at the thinking man's aproach Loz.... as opposed to the kitten with a toad meathod!

lozcb

Ha ha... Chuckled at the thinking man's aproach Loz.... as opposed to the kitten with a toad meathod!

haha yeah must have looked a right plonker to any passers by ( Human nodding dog) , but it did the trick , used to too many years working on my own so ingenuity takes over

regards loz

Dan!

Fishing line tied in a big loop , place it over your head and then tie it round the washer stalk , lift your head up and it pulls the stalk up leaving your two hands free to press the washer cover into place ..............simples

regards loz

Brilliant!
Rings true of working on the lotus, hanging cupboards on my own, general DIY, etc....