GS Spare Wheel Vs 996 C4S

Fair2

Just a question that may have well been tried before. Does a 996 C4S spare wheel that uses the same Tyre as a GS Spare wheel -Vredestein 185 60 17 fit a GS?

adam01

Just a question that may have well been tried before. Does a 996 C4S spare wheel that uses the same Tyre as a GS Spare wheel -Vredestein 185 60 17 fit a GS?

Robert

Geoff & I have one

U r welcome to borrow mine to try

rotorheadcase

Im pretty sure the 996 has a PCD around 130mm and the GS is only 108mm so the wheel will not physically bolt to the GS hub.

Regards,

Neil

Woody

I've never checked but I'd be surprised - the GS has an odd bolt pattern and offset.

I'm not 100% sure but think that one of the Volvo space savers would fit, something like the XC90 but I'm not certain. Worth looking into.

spydercc2002

I use the Volvo XC90 - 18" spare rims as front runners in drag racing. I have to use 15 mm spacers for calipers clearance.

rotorheadcase

It would be reasonable... but on a dark, rainy night with a flat tyre, do you really want to be messing around with a spare wheel and a spacer?

There is a Maserati spare wheel on eBay Australia at the moment for AU$650 and free shipping.

Regards,

Neil

Fair2

I use the Volvo XC90 - 18" spare rims as front runners in drag racing. I have to use 15 mm spacers for calipers clearance.

Thanks for advice. I have found a XC90 space saver at the local Dimantlers in Melbourne. I will check it out.
Cheers
Robert

Woody

Thanks for advice. I have found a XC90 space saver at the local Dimantlers in Melbourne. I will check it out.
Cheers
Robert

I'd be interested to know if this works. Please can you come back on and let us know?

Cheers
Woody

Fair2

I'd be interested to know if this works. Please can you come back on and let us know?

Cheers
Woody

I most certainly will do. It may be a couple of weeks until my car arrives ,unless I can talk Geoff into bringing his car to trial.
Robert F

spydercc2002

What size rims are they and what tyres did you fit?
Thanks
Geoff

18" rims (82 Euros each rims without tyres). Volvo no. VO 30647175. My tyres are for drag racing use: Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 26x6 18LT.
I also have 15mm spacers, Eibach no. QSEIS90215033. Due to the spacers I also use longer bolts 43 mm.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Geofflyn

18" rims (82 Euros each rims without tyres). Volvo no. VO 30647175. My tyres are for drag racing use: Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 26x6 18LT.
I also have 15mm spacers, Eibach no. QSEIS90215033. Due to the spacers I also use longer bolts 43 mm.
attachment.php

Thanks, we will follow that up.
Cheers
Geoff

alfazagato

Spare Wheel

Whilst we are on the subject of spare wheels has anyone had to use a spare and then try to re-fit it in the boot? I did recently on my 4200 Spyder and no matter how hard I try there is no way the deflated tyre will fit the recess. Any ideas?

Danny

I was under the impression that a space saver tyre would have to be renewed, each time after use. A new space saver tyre sits "folded" on the rim and for that reason it fits in the boot.

Last edited:

spydercc2002

COMPLETE SPARE WHEEL (Space savers) Maserati #181772. The rim is also marked with an Alfa Romeo p/n 60694984.

Tyre: Vredestein Space Master 185/60-17" 93P . (P=max 150 km/h)

Attachments

• whspare1.jpg
    whspare1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: