speed awareness course

reservoirfrog

speed awareness course......I have to go on one. 1st of december. anybody been on one ? whats it like.
I'm kinda hoping its going to be like a track day. but somehow I dont think it will.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Just ask the guy if he has ever been done for speeding or exceeded the speed limit and if so, does he feel a bit of a hypocrite. That always goes down well and usually gets you the afternoon off!

DaveT

Just ask the guy if he has ever been done for speeding or exceeded the speed limit and if so, does he feel a bit of a hypocrite. That always goes down well and usually gets you the afternoon off!

...and 3 points!

Know a few people that have been on one. Feedback was that it was okay. Just need to keep your head down and get through it.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Apparently you can't see where you are going when your eyes are watering!

reservoirfrog

good point Ian.
I view this as something I have to go on.........not something I have to pass.
just another money grabbing exercise by our nanny state.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It is exactly that, it's the fine without the points. Just smile as he screws you and tell yourself not to get caught next time.

Blox

I went on one a few years back. It wasn't too bad. Just one of those things you have to grin and bear. Took about half a day.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If its worth doing, it's worth doing properly; points, ban or jail. These SACs just show you weren't trying hard enough to go fast.

hodroyd

I had to do one a few years back due to a TAX CAMERA, a half day of play acting, although it reminded me of some stuff I had forgotten.

Parisien

Rob........take it like a man...sound advice.....and or comments.....most not helpful.....but funny!!!

P

reservoirfrog

I shall take it tounge in cheek frank. 40 years of driving without getting caught was some achievement.

by the way frank..........just what were you doing up on that lump of stone ? throwing a frisbee?

BJL123

I went on one earlier this year for doing 36 in a 30 zone. You sit in a class room and are asked in turn to state your name and car you drive plus driving qualifications. After the other 11 people had their say, you know the usual stuff.......David from Bournemouth.. Fiesta....Brian from Blandford.......Astra......Ann from Poole......Micra it was my turn........BJL from Poole... Maserati......to which they all replied.....no wonder you are here. I thought 'bl..dy cheek'.

They showed us a street scene on the TV and asked us what we should look out for........after the usual and obvious comments the person in charge said ' hasn't anyone noticed a MacDonalds in the background' to which we all replied 'No' he then said 'what should you be looking out for now you know it's there' FAT PEOPLE I replied. He asked me if I was taking it seriously.

The only reason I went was to avoid 3 points, I can stay home and get patronised.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If I ever get caught going slow enough not to warrant getting points, that would be my attitude too. I guess I would be leaving with 6 points and a bollocking! I too, can get patronised at home, but I do occasionally get fringe benefits at home which takes the edge off the patronising.