Engine Detailing

zagatoes30

As I work my way round the QP listing all those minor issues that will need addressing I noticed that the red crackle paint on the cam covers is starting to peel off. If you are going to have a lovely red head best make sure she looks her best so with that in mind have any of you had to touch up or repaint these? If so what did you use?

EnzoMC

I just used a satin red paint stick from Halfords for touch-ups, make sure the area is clean and dry before

safrane

You can buy cans of crinkle paint on the iternet, but i think just in black, so you may have to paint it twice with a final coat of red

rotorheadcase

Hammerite do a wrinkle finish paint which is reportedly very similar in texture. The trick is finding a colour that matches the original finish. I have not used it on my car but have used it in other applications.

Neil

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I used Frosts crinkle finish several years ago and it was very good. A very nice finish.

conaero

Forum Owner
I have some in the garage, never needed it in the end, I might go home tonight and find something to try it out on, hum, my bike might look good.