Super Cars in the snow

safrane

OK Iwill kick this off seing as we have now entered the second ice age.

IMG663 (1).jpg

Parked round the corner from me.

Andyk

There is one the same in Chepstow..Wonder if it's the same one....The number plate looks like the one....and he takes it out in all weather as well and parks it in car parks in tight spots......I think he had a black and orange interior............This is without a doubt my fav supercar...Looks so good in the flesh.

Blox

Just coasted sideways onto my drive and dumped the QP. Nearly hit a hedge is another sideways moment on the way down the lane. These cars aren't designed for the slippery stuff.

Off for a stiff drink....

NickP

[video=youtube;aps0UBdLnzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aps0UBdLnzE[/video]

Lambos love snow.... and snow shovels..

Last edited:

lofty

I've got winter tyres on mine, but I'm still using my van :biggrin:

060EC203-2F9D-4A72-BC38-2C8130866909-14334-0000156B04787912_zpsa981b265.jpg

beau

i was out in my 3200, kept getting well and truly stuck! but on main roads was OK....

safrane

053.jpg

This was as far as I dared in my first 4200, summer tyres and it struggled to get out of the drive.

mondie

But who here has the frozen weather leveller on their cars.........winter tyres?

P

We have winter tyres on the M5 and their go anywhere ability is amazing really. I would have been screwed this week without them!

bigbob

Have winters on my Maser but the snow is too deep to get down the drive. Disco on winters is fine though.

fcz360

Sparky
both mine tucked away till the dry comes back...the AMG is on the drive as it simply refuses to work in the snow so its back to the Mrs's 4x4... dull dull bored

allandwf

Here's the old car in the snow.
A9snow-1.jpg

That was bad enough, don't think I'll be trying this in the 3200!

Andyk

Surely the TVR was worse in the snow than the 3200...Its so much lighter......I moved my T350 in the snow once and put it straight back on the drive....Not a nice experience.

allandwf

Surely the TVR was worse in the snow than the 3200...Its so much lighter......I moved my T350 in the snow once and put it straight back on the drive....Not a nice experience.

Possibly, though it doesn't have two turbos waiting to try and catch you unawares. Has to be said that wasn't one of my favourite drives!

Dan!

The snow wasn't here for long, but a 4.4 v8 350bhp X5 with new tyres was quite entertaining and surprisingly capable.

ajb101

I was doing fine in the Baguette, bought some snow shoes last night (I live in a really out of the way area, I had to cut my own path through the snow today.)

All was going fabulously, until I got stuck behind a Porsche Cayman going 5-10mph :(

I get closer to him when the roads get a little more urban and he had snow shoes on aswell!!!

Leave them at home in this weather! :)

BJL

CIMG4079.jpg5 miles further on and they closed the Gothard Pass, something to do with the weather. The QP handled it all in its stride, on new tyres mind.

RSM Masser

Moved house last year in December = garage full of sh1te, car on drive - snow in January
This year things would be different - except for a good mate needing a dry home for a old british sports car with a leaky roof.
He moved in on Wednesday - by Friday it was snowed in.

IMG_1479.jpg
Before
IMG_1483.jpgIMG_1487.jpg
After - This was the second lot after I had cleared the drive and car of the first 4 inches
IMG_1489.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
I know that feeling RSM, Two weekends ago I spent all weekend liberating my garage from the detritus of two of my children's house moves over the summer! Finally put the car away last Friday just as the snow started!