EBC Red or Yellow stuff brake pads

BJL

Any previous threads on this or does anyone have any experience of these.
Some forums say they are fantastic and others wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.....which is all very helpful.........not.

would appreciate any comments

Andyk

I had red stuff...or was it yellow...On an M3.....Had no issues with them.....Would have again..

allandwf

I had red stuff pads on my Cerbera, were a wee bit juddery when cold but once warmed up were superb. Would use them again. Can't comment on the yellow stuff.

Mr.Cambio

have tried both red and yellow on the saab, that had AP 356mm 6 piston brakes. Yellow are awful, red are great.

Let me explain awful: Were too hard and did not perform well on everyday use and when you wanted to drive fast, they got heated resulting bad biting.

Andyk

I can not remember which is which but the pads are graded for road or track work.....One is too much for road and I think its yellow.....but not sure.

conaero

Forum Owner
Dreadful for me. Had reds and are too hard. You go hooning up to a roundabout press the brakes and there is no initial bite which then knocks your confidence and ruins the driving experiance. Go for Ferrodo there is a thread somewhere with the part numbers. They are about £35 an axle too.

Mr.Cambio

I can not remember which is which but the pads are graded for road or track work.....One is too much for road and I think its yellow.....but not sure.

Right, yellows are for fast road and light track. But even on track they were not good. Needed ages to warm up, and when they did, they lasted for one or two brakings.

maserati

I had EBC yellow stuff pads fitted with new Maserati discs on my QP. Despite attempts to counteract the noise, the squeal was horrendous. The pads were returned and replaced with Formula Dynamics.

Regards,

Paul

BJL

Thanks for all that. The comments on the yellows are much in line with others. Plus I was concerned they may eat the discs. I'll look at the Ferodo thread.

Cheers again