Most cost effective way to improve a 4200's sound

CatmanV2

Wow thank you very much, when can you send them over?

As soon as you arrange a courier :) Probably want to work out where you want them, first. Mav might be up for it, or I could talk to my neighbour who was originally going to do mine. No idea if she's any good though. Supposed to be but...

C

Tom4200

Yea if anyone on here could do them I could pay them a fair few beer tickets and we get them shipped from yours to there

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Tom, you won't get much of a difference if you only change the back boxes, you need to change either the cats (to sports cats) or the centre resonator (to either an X-pipe or H-pipe). Then you will notice a difference especially with an H-pipe.

D Walker

Just to pick up on this, I have picked up some Tubi back boxes - Does the collective think that will be enough or will I need the X or H pipe as well??

StuartW

Changing the centre pipe will make a significant difference but I would put the rear boxes on first and live with them for a bit and if it's still not loud enough, you'll know what to do!

2b1ask1

Special case
Just back boxes will make it louder but X-pipe or H-pipe will liberate all the crackles, pops and bangs :D

philw696

I'm with Mike on this I find my Tubis make just the right sound's and as I want mine for long distance road trips down here I'm more than happy.