Lilly - the camera that follows you.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Funnily enough I was talking with a extreme-sports oriented company which is starting to trial these for action-type events. They look great but still have some limitations (such as not good at avoiding trees, etc). Range is apparently very good. Like you say, if only they could keep up with a Maser!

spkennyuk

Its pretty cheap as well at the moment considering what it does and the camera specs are the same as the go pro black. Pre order price is $499. The eventual full price will be $999. Just dont ask it to do a 360 sweep when your abseiling or rock climbing.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It would quite likely be the most cool and least used gadget you would ever buy. I'd love one!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Same. I just replaced my GoPro after the last one was used so extensively that when I lost it it took me four months to realise. Somehow it just seems indispensable. I am a victim of mindless consumerism and a senseless desire for the acquisition of amusing gadgets. I shall certainly not be visiting the Lilly camera website again but do hope that someone I know buys one. :smile:

conaero

Forum Owner
Wonder what happens if you were to use it in a forest, can it navigate static items?

Very, very cool though!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It's not good at avoiding stuff, from what I understand. It understand its own position relative to the wrist locator device but doesn't have much of a clue about avoiding anything in between.

highlander

Does look good but the worrier in me sees pay now and not taking shipping details and a little alarm bell is ringing in the back of my head........

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Right, so now the financial risks are dealt with, who's going first? And can we all have a go, please? :smile:

midlifecrisis

It looks good on paper and I could think of some practical uses but why does it have a 'face' on it?

And can you imagine a game of football with 22 Lillies flying around tracking every player! Like Matt says they will need collision awareness! (TCAS?)

hilts uk

A great demo video but most of it is faked. The Guardian did a review of this and it didn't work well at all. Seems to be years away from release and the work of a one man band. Anyone paying for one now is funding his R&D budget and risks the product never seeing the light of day.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It does have the sense of something which will eventually be excellent. I'll bend the ears of the people I know who are testing them and see what they reckon. Early stages but they have high hopes that it'll be a positive development for outside broadcast of action sports events. Presumably only quite slow ones.