The good morning thread

spkennyuk

Morning all

Thunder and lightning last night, possibly more today on the forecast but it still hot and dry at the moment. Trip to the vets later but hopefully will get out in the sun at some point during the day.

Have a good day all.

dem maser

what a night!!
I slept with my windows open and as I laid down I can hear my next door neighbours going at it like rabbits.....I got up to close my windows (bay window) and I see him closing his window aswel, butt naked!!
just the perfect image I need before kip, a naked hairy sweaty Turk.....

never slept well.....

Contigo

Sponsor
:D

Quality!

Rutting in this weather! FFS I'd be trying to get as far away from any body heat not writing around in smegma!

Chrisbassett

It was a good morning until that lovely image entered my mind, Dem...it joined phil's image of Vanessa Feltz sweating on a treadmill as the thoughts that will pull me through the day.

dem maser

agree, I think about it during the day but at night I wont want it....its tooo hot!!

Vanessa Feltz on a treadmill? you have lowered the tone Chris

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning gentlemen, would you believe it if I said that it is raining here? Just a short shower, still hot though. Sent my brake shoes of yesterday to Friction Services in brizzle, should get them back in time for Ace Meet next week.

Its threatening here too just down the coast from you.

Morning all, took the Alfa Spider in to work today, knocking coming from the NSF wheel, grrrrhhh. Is just brakes I think, there goes the weekend again!

StuartW

Morning all, Dem - you are too funny but sorry for the traumatic image you witnessed last night!

Still sunny here and hot, just back from an early morning blast in the GTS, what a car! Still learning all of the controls - cruise control mastered today, the same principle as the one on my old Alfa GT - perfect for all of these average speed checks.

Have a good one everybody

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Was up before day break this morning.

Am now in Liverpool to look over a clients hotel.
Had to be up earlier than usual to get round Operation Stack chaos. God knows how long it'll take to get home though!

MAF260

Morning all. Just dropped the Alfa back at the garage after the bottom crank pulley damper decided to disintegrate last night - I was left with no power steering and no alternator charge as the auxiliary belt wasn't turning. This is a common occurrence on 2.4 Alfas, so I'm glad it happened close to home. I didn't get much of an opportunity to test the car post-remap, so will post my findings once I've driven the car properly over the weekend. The reason for the remap was to eradicate the total lack of power/go at low revs as the turbo is a bit laggy, it wasn't for big power gains. I've seen the dyno results and am quite impressed with how they've addressed my requirements. Power is now just under 250bhp, up from 210bhp and peak torque is delivered much earlier and has gone from 341.4lb/ft to an impressive 446.9lb/ft - a 31% improvement. They managed to map the car on one run to just over 490lb/ft, but said it was just starting to smoke and so wound it back a bit. Just goes to show what can be achieved from an old soot-chucker with a bit of live mapping! To put that higher figure into perspective, it's more than a new 911 turbo, a Ferrari Enzo and Murcielago LP640 and just short of a McLaren 650s! The current figure is the same as a Ferrari 599 GTB :) :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
MAF - that's an impressive result!

Munich airport on the way home now. Sweltering out there. I'm troughing through the ice cream in the lounge and failing miserably to keep up with my workload. Tomorrow is London in the morning and heading for the sticks after lunch. I'd like to promise myself an early finish tomorrow but I'm cautious of disappointing myself.

Wattie

Morning all. Just dropped the Alfa back at the garage after the bottom crank pulley damper decided to disintegrate last night - I was left with no power steering and no alternator charge as the auxiliary belt wasn't turning. This is a common occurrence on 2.4 Alfas, so I'm glad it happened close to home. I didn't get much of an opportunity to test the car post-remap, so will post my findings once I've driven the car properly over the weekend. The reason for the remap was to eradicate the total lack of power/go at low revs as the turbo is a bit laggy, it wasn't for big power gains. I've seen the dyno results and am quite impressed with how they've addressed my requirements. Power is now just under 250bhp, up from 210bhp and peak torque is delivered much earlier and has gone from 341.4lb/ft to an impressive 446.9lb/ft - a 31% improvement. They managed to map the car on one run to just over 490lb/ft, but said it was just starting to smoke and so wound it back a bit. Just goes to show what can be achieved from an old soot-chucker with a bit of live mapping! To put that higher figure into perspective, it's more than a new 911 turbo, a Ferrari Enzo and Murcielago LP640 and just short of a McLaren 650s! The current figure is the same as a Ferrari 599 GTB :) :)

So can you feel the difference when u drive her?
Cheers Wattie

Andyk

Morning all...off today and the sun is out....Broadband was down all day yesterday due to some fault effecting an area around 30 miles......Suprising how you much you can actually miss not being able to get on the internet.......Have fun all.

StuartW

Morning everyone, Friday at last and a cooler night last night too.

A bit of work today & a nice drive will be the order of the day, I just can't keep out of the GTS!

Have a good one everybody

Andyk

Morning Enzo and all!
Rockingham today - Susie driving on a novice track day :)

Hope she has fun Drew...I do like Rockingham...never driven it and one track I need to........Great place to watch motorsport as well as you can see everything going on...Always go to watch the BTCC there each year...Boys love it.