Question of the day

spkennyuk

No. None of the ones mentioned. Population of this country is only around 3 million. that should narrow it down for you.

spkennyuk

lithuania

We have a winner. Lithuania's suicide rate is the highest in the world at 42 people per 100,000 of population. There is no obvious reason for this. Their economy boomed since breaking away from the Soviet Union until the global recession took hold. Their economy is now in recovery.

A bill was passed in Lithuania so that any one caught attempting suicide was detained and then released. Unfortunately the same people just comitted suicide the following day instead.

The baltic states hold the most positions in the global top ten.

Your question Dave.

Re Lithuania
My son dated a girl from there and she told us that when the Russians left, they took everything with them that they could - and I mean everything.
So I don't think they have done too bad in the interim
Anyway onto a question
Which bird reputedly has the keenest sense of smell?

zagatoes30

Why does the Kiwi jump out of my brain, I know it's nocturnal and nearly blind so a good sense of smell is probably essential

hoyin

I think this is one of those that actually they have good sight as well as good smell. Perhaps a vulture? Don't they also smell dead food as well as see it.

zagatoes30

OK if we need a riddle how about this one, it's quite an old one so Benny will have heard it before ;)

Those who make this item, don't use it.
Those who buy this item, have no need for it.
But those who use this item, never see it.

What is the item?

VMSRTI

Lets go with another riddle.......

Take away my first letter; take away my second letter; take away all my letters, and I would remain the same. What am I?

spkennyuk

Lets go with another riddle.......

Take away my first letter; take away my second letter; take away all my letters, and I would remain the same. What am I?

a post man unless they are french letters in which case its an empty packet. :)