Eurospares experience?

gjwilson

Just wondering what the general opinion is here?
I have used them in the past and they have been ok, but recently ordered a service kit for the QP.

All turned up fine, but no washer/gasket for the sump plug.
Not a major issue and easily resolved but it took them 4 days to respond and all they said was "part not listed with kit, order separately just like the spark plugs".

I dont see the point in supplying a "service kit" if it doesnt include the absolute basics to perform a proper service....................Any thoughts or am I being over sensitive here? Spark plugs arent required for an annual service, a sump/oil washer absolutely IS in my opinion.

CatmanV2

Yes and no. It's not listed, so you shouldn't expect it. Clearly it *should* be listed.

C

gjwilson

In all fairness I have received an email from them offering to send one out now, BUT surely it should be part if the Kit. Its not even listed as an option to add like the spark plugs and pollen filter hence my assumption

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Reminds me when I buy pressure gauges for work.
They have a parallel thread and rely to seal on a flat face.
The gauges come without the sealing washer, the suppliers says they don't come come with them anymore, and they don't keep the sealing washers either!
So the manufacturer saves cost not supplying them with their gauge, and the suppliers can't supply, so just leave it as the end customers 'problem'!
Hence why I see loads of gauges installed with loads of PTFE tape in the hope that it does not leak!
Same with cheap screwed fittings from china, undersize, oval, not to BS/EN standards but the suppliers just say 'its what our customers want to pay'...'we don't, we want it to fit and not leak!'

safrane

Sadly only used them once and it was difficult for them to understand what I wanted despite it seemingly a simple request, the mirror unit in the passenger sun visor.

They sent me a interior light unit.

After a second attempt I was sent a rear view mirror...I then gave up.

jluis

Depends on who you get from eurospares.
I had a good experience with Neil despite the overall service being less than good.
Speaking with Claudio is like speaking to a brick only a bit more frustrating.

davy83

i have used Eurospares a fair bit and found them ok to deal with, the problem is there are not many options, and no one i am aware of with the sheer range of parts they can get, or have in stock. The web site is well structured, and very useful, i think they are not worse than other car parts companies, but i guess it would be nice if you got superior service which matched the Maserati prices for everything. Having said that they generally pack stuff well and keep in touch when stuff is on delivery. They ship using good carriers and things don't arrive damaged. I have no qualm about using them again, it gets the job done. Claudio can be helpful, now i said can be :)

alfatwo

There ok for 70s/80s stuff I suppose, but to be honest any Maser main dealer will match or even beat there price on old 3200/4200 stuff...mention SM and you'll mostly get shipping thrown in free too!

Dave

BigR

Have used them a few times and always been decent and reliable - and the right parts turned up. They were out of stock on an item for a short while on one occasion but kept me up to date and it arrived sooner than their original estimate. So no hesitation from me to use them again.

ChrisQP09

dealt w/claudio before haha, he is a nice guy, replies promptly. No complains I ordered centre gaps from them and a few other wee bits

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I've used them on many occasions and will continue to do so. I always deal with Curtis and he has, so far, always provided a good service. One thing I have found is that, generally, Maserati don't provide fixings for parts such as grilles, badges etc. as they are listed seperately, so if ordering anything, make sure you have a look for ALL the parts you need and don't assume small bits will be included.

conaero

Forum Owner
I generally dont use Eurospares, their prices are good but had bad customer service and deliveries that take ages with no idea of delivery.

I find if you build a rapor with a MD you will get 20% discount easily. If you place your order to turn up with their weekly delivery from the factory its even cheaper.

alfatwo

I generally dont use Eurospares, their prices are good but had bad customer service and deliveries that take ages with no idea of delivery.

I find if you build a rapor with a MD you will get 20% discount easily. If you place your order to turn up with their weekly delivery from the factory its even cheaper.

Your dead on there!

Dave