Question of the day

spkennyuk

They currently make 60 billion a year, and have been around for 57 years. Last year they recycled 70 million, drop in the ocean. Don't know the total made though.

That means for every hour this question isn't answered then the answer has changed by approx 6849315 or 114155 a minute :frusty5:

spkennyuk

Does that stat include your fact? Lol

Oddly enough yes it does. Records broken, improved knowledge on subject and materials and particles being made and found all mean the facts we know change over time or in the case of lego bricks by the second. Its roughly 48 % have changed in then last 45 years.

CatmanV2

Oddly enough yes it does. Records broken, improved knowledge on subject and materials and particles being made and found all mean the facts we know change over time or in the case of lego bricks by the second. Its roughly 48 % have changed in then last 45 years.

I really doubt the validity of that number. I mean, what is a 'fact' My sofas are brown. This is a fact, bt I rather doubt it's counted amongst the 100% that the 48% must be part of.

C

spkennyuk

I really doubt the validity of that number. I mean, what is a 'fact' My sofas are brown. This is a fact, bt I rather doubt it's counted amongst the 100% that the 48% must be part of.

C

The number istself won't be a fact at any given moment. The figure was based on various world records, medical facts known facts at the time such as animals being extinct and then finding they were not. The medical area is apparently the biggest culprit. where new knowledge changes the facts as we know them. For example 40 odd years ago smoking was deemed to be good for you.

CatmanV2

The number istself won't be a fact at any given moment. The figure was based on various world records, medical facts known facts at the time such as animals being extinct and then finding they were not. The medical area is apparently the biggest culprit. where new knowledge changes the facts as we know them. For example 40 odd years ago smoking was deemed to be good for you.

Hmm. I remain heartily un-convinced. Sadly it's a product of my profession :)

C

highlander

C's sofas are brown. It's a fact - I've seen them.

Am I helping? :D
not really, since colour is only interpretation of the light spectrum available to you coupled with the tab you have attached to that colour through social learning............for example, the distinct colour blind person who does not realise he is colour blind may actually interprete a rose as green but he will call that colour red, because that is the social tab he learned........annnd....... back to decartes ;)

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It's a bit uncertain how many Lego elements have been made and its anywhere between 440-560 Billion. However, the Telegraph states the number to be approx 485 Billion so that's what I'll go with. I'm going away tomorrow and I don't know if I'll have Internet so someone else can set the next question.

spkennyuk

You can connect 6 standard lego bricks in over 915000 different ways. That exhausts the amount of knowledge i have from qi and discovery on lego bricks.