Will sports cats...

Make my car louder? Iv already got tubi b boxes and an h-pipe and i dont want it any louder but i wouldnt mind the extra performance

CatmanV2

Make my car louder? Iv already got tubi b boxes and an h-pipe and i dont want it any louder but i wouldnt mind the extra performance

Yes, I suspect so. And I doubt the increase in performance will be noticeable, but maybe others will have different data.

C

adam01

Larini sports cats did increase noise slightly but the importantly replacement of the squashed OEM provided improvement in x flow & performance

BL330

2nd Adrian's comments, I've fitted the fronts ( Larini) and noticed a significant improvement in smoothness of power delivery, the speed the revs rise and the deeper increased sound.
I'm fitting the rears in 2 weeks and will let you know how that changes again.

FelixV

I have an X-pipe and a Tubi and it is extremely loud, probably too much for most people. I was originally going to install the Larini sports cats, but that would probably have made it race car loud!

Adrian, Bruce,

Did either of you have any problems with emissions when replacing the catalytic converters?

From what I was told, the car would have to be re certified and emissions tested.

adam01

No emission issues

In yr case with present setup would probably increase noise marginal

jayblue

Having the squish pipes and secondary cats on my GS removed in a few weeks and replacing them with Supersprint decat pipes. The design of their pipe is very similar to the Larini one but the price is more palatable!

Already got an unsilenced X pipe which added a little extra volume and depth to the sound. Will post up the results once they are fitted.

Morebeans

Different car, but on my GTS there was an increase in noise over my original x pipe conversion, plus it delivered an extra 17 bhp which you could notice in a sharper power delivery. Sound now is fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

StuartW

Different car, but on my GTS there was an increase in noise over my original x pipe conversion, plus it delivered an extra 17 bhp which you could notice in a sharper power delivery. Sound now is fantastic!

It sounded great at Brooklands Adam

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Sound now is fantastic!

He's right, you know. I'm tempted to go the same route. Already have the unsilenced x-pipe so the cats may be next.

MB - how's yours on a run? Mine is significantly louder just with the x-pipe, but quiet as a mouse in normal mode and cruising.

Morebeans

He's right, you know. I'm tempted to go the same route. Already have the unsilenced x-pipe so the cats may be next.

MB - how's yours on a run? Mine is significantly louder just with the x-pipe, but quiet as a mouse in normal mode and cruising.
Adam - you know it makes sense! Out of sports mode it's still creamy smooth and is a pleasure on a long run.