Your car is ****...

Bourekoue

Jealousy unfortunately is a common affliction in the UK. Vandalism to beautiful cars is a prime example of this. Never Understood people like that,when I see a beautiful car I just stand back and admire it. You should not allow people like this to get to you and take some comfort in the fact that people like this are deeply unhappy individuals and get eaten up inside by their own jealousy.

Personally I have never been let into traffic so many times since I got my Qp Sport GT S. I've even had a few people following me just to hear the sound.

Classico

Jealousy unfortunately is a common affliction in the UK. Vandalism to beautiful cars is a prime example of this. Never Understood people like that,when I see a beautiful car I just stand back and admire it. You should not allow people like this to get to you and take some comfort in the fact that people like this are deeply unhappy individuals and get eaten up inside by their own jealousy.

Personally I have never been let into traffic so many times since I got my Qp Sport GT S. I've even had a few people following me just to hear the sound.

Excellent post and share a lot of your sentiments.

Australia is the home of the tall poppy syndrome...individuals cutting others down to size, usually driven by envy, so very familiar with what you're saying.

But as previously mentioned, there's a great deal of positivity directed at it.

Partner commented the other day how it has a Red Sea effect on motorists, people letting you in and then giving you a thumbs up.

MrCoop

I've only had mine a week but when I'm driving it through the village, people out walking will stop and stare and admire. Made me laugh the other night, I'm driving up the road and I see a bloke walk into his house, stop to look, cane back out, flagged me down as I drove past and said, "f***ing awesome car mate!".....I love the attention I'm getting now

RW3200

I had a good experience driving home from McGrath's last month. Following a 599GTB, a gent in a van pulled along side and gave me a thumbs up, I responded then pointed to the Ferrari in front and gave a thumbs up to which the guy in the van shook his head and pointed back at my 3200 AC with a nod of approval. I was already smiling (after getting the car back refreshed from its service et al) but that made me smile even more.
Only had one negative (there's always someone out there having a worse day than you) in 4yrs so I'd say that's a ratio I can live with.

Bourekoue

Where on *earth* do you get that idea from?

C

From being born and living in the UK for 40 years and seeing with my own eyes ! I have been the victim of vandalism to my cars on a number of occasions. If you have never experienced any jealousy directed towards successful people in the UK then I am very happy for you.

CatmanV2

From being born and living in the UK for 40 years and seeing with my own eyes ! I have been the victim of vandalism to my cars on a number of occasions. If you have never experienced any jealousy directed towards successful people in the UK then I am very happy for you.

Be happy then :) I am

<edit: Ahh, maybe I'm just not successful enough!>

C

Greg Bowman

I had the rare pleasure of being able to achieve a very satisfactory result a few years ago. Parked in an average golf club with polished and buffed the Duchess my Bentley Arnage. Guy out of some mass produced bit of tin strolls over and says I prefer the Continental in a rare occasion when the words come out quickly I said " so which model Bentley do you drive"

Then my two pals started laughing he just slunk off we still talk about it!

Andy Marshall

Never had a bad word said to me in either of my Maseratis. Lots of "lovely car" and "isn't she pretty" for the Spyder. The GT gets more attention though (possibly cos its louder so people hear it coming!) and that usually results in lots of thumbs up and finger pointings from people on the pavement. I have also had two proposals of marriage when in the GT, both on petrol station forecourts! (yes, both from females - one of whom was very fit indeed!)

Contigo

Sponsor
Guy on Saturday evening came over to me on the garage forecourt as I was filling the tank and asked me if the exhaust was "stock" and I explained the work done. He said he had money to invest and wanted to know more about the car, asked what it was etc... Took pictures, told me it was lovely and I told him about the forums if he was serious about buying. Amazing cars these are and people just seem interested.

I'd say at least once a week I hear people muttering "Maserati" as I drive past and they smile.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to know which petrol stations Andy M frequents. Phil, nice work that your car attracted a bloke but Andy's achievements take some beating. :smile:

Contigo

Sponsor
I didn't mention that when I wake up every morning there are 10 women stuck to it such a fanny magnet it is!

2b1ask1

Special case
Just been to pick Alex up from his girlfriend's in the p!ssing rain; at one of the lights a van pulls up alongside and the driver gesticulates to get my attention: "Mate that sounds f-ing amazing! How many brake is it?"

I get what Mark says about the yellow beast; it sounds fast!!!

MAF260

Just been to pick Alex up from his girlfriend's in the p!ssing rain; at one of the lights a van pulls up alongside and the driver gesticulates to get my attention: "Mate that sounds f-ing amazing! How many brake is it?"

I get what Mark says about the yellow beast; it sounds fast!!!

:luvit:

Andy Marshall

I'd like to know which petrol stations Andy M frequents. Phil, nice work that your car attracted a bloke but Andy's achievements take some beating. :smile:

well, of course, I am only assuming it's the car that solicits the female proposals.... it might be my god-like appearance....

Then again, perhaps not.

I'll get me coat......