Winter Tyres 225/45 VR17

drewf

Clearing out the store of wheels and tyres I won't be using:

Set of 4 Marangoni Meteo HP 225/45-VR17 extra load winter tyres, marked with both M+S and Mountain/snowflake symbols. Made in Italy, not some cheap Chinese import. If you haven't heard of them, you might know their partner - Pirelli.

The tyres are excellent, both in condition and performance, all evenly worn with 6-7mm tread depth left, no damage. They were used on BMW 325 and 330 autos - I've driven on these very tyres down Holme Moss with several inches of snow covering the road, and not a single slip. That's in a rear-wheel drive automatic... And they are V-rated, so no worrying about whether they can handle the speed on a dry road.

They are however mounted on original BMW 3-series (E36/E46) alloys in truly appalling condition. No really, they are scabby beyond belief... But straight and true, so if anyone wants the 'free' alloys to have them refurbed as a winter set, they come at no extra cost :)

£160 the set. That's just £40 a tyre for the mathematically challenged :)

drewf

They will go on eBay eventually - the usual form is to offer them here first :)

Generally there's far less pain involved in dealing with people on SM.

Wack61

true, I've just bought a Skoda yeti, I've been watching a set of wheels and winter tyres all week, I bowed out at £300, they went for almost £500

D Walker

true, I've just bought a Skoda yeti, I've been watching a set of wheels and winter tyres all week, I bowed out at £300, they went for almost £500
Really, I have been thinking about replacing my Passat with one. what's your impressions??

Wack61

I really like it , I sold the Impreza and bought a golf 1.2 petrol, it lasted 5 weeks before I couldn't stand being in it any more so I went for this

it's the 2.0 Tdi CR 110bhp SE spec , loads of room, all the seats come out so its like a van , usually Mrs wack takes a while to get used to a new car but she came back from her first drive bouncing, she loves it, she likes sitting high when driving so it's perfect

D Walker

Ha, sounds ideal, if it can swallow a bike without me having to remove a wheel, would be ideal!!!!

drewf

Would they fit an F30 Drew?

I think the answer is 'probably', Dem. The centre bore and PCD are identical, and the offset is very similar (I'd have to check these alloys to see exactly what they are, but according to BMW the range fitted to the E36 and F30 is the same +/- 1mm).

I'm pretty sure that 17" is big enough to clear the brakes on a 320D, and that you only get a problem on the cars with the bigger disks/calipers.

You are welcome to call in and test fit them - if you come down the A1 after dropping your daughter your route will take you right past the house.

drewf

Photos for Dem:

IMAG3464.jpg

IMAG3465.jpg

IMAG3466.jpg

IMAG3467.jpg

The alloys look pretty decent in the photos compared to reality. Just managing expectations.... :)

They are Original BMW E46 alloys type 109506 8x17 with ET/IS 47

Tyres are superb though.

drewf

Cheers Zag! Good to see you earlier...

Always happy to sort a coffee for a visiting SMer :)