Bought a BMW 320d!!

Ian3200

I put Michelins on mine, they don't wear out... and I have a can of squirty stuff for pumping up a flat...

Dan!

On the subject of run flats Dem; before you think about changing them, see how you get on with the drive today. It's quite feasible that you don't find that they are bad at all. Just because the internet says they're **** doesn't mean you'll agree and need to shell out and bin a perfectly decent set of tyres.

I had a 520D with run flats at my disposal in Ireland when I worked over there. Never considered the run flats to be an issue and I was glad I had them when I got a puncture miles from home in the middle of the night.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The trouble with you mate is that you don't drive hard enough to see how bad they can be. ;)

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It may seem like that to you, but I only follow you because I'm curios as to why you go so slow.

dem maser

A 130 mile drive back, picked up Thalia along the way
I love it! In bad conditions (raining badly with winds) i was doing 80 and averaged 60mpg with air con on!!

Reg run flats, i must say I didn't mind them, found them comfortable, will see what their like in town but on the motorway they were fine.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
They are OK on smooth roads but lose their composure on broken surfaces. Have fun finding out!

Contigo

Sponsor
Wear me out then ditch them for non run flat. Ride will be less crashy and tires will be considerably cheaper!

dem maser

The problem i have is this....i have connected Bluetooth and can use the iphone through the cars stereo but when my little one wants to use you tube she cant hear a thing on the phone so im having to turn Bluetooth off so she can watch her stuff. Apart from buying something else for her to watch it on is there anything i can do?

drewf

Dem - buy her a cheap tablet. This is the weekend to do it! Then use your phone as a WiFi hotspot. She gets a bigger screen, and you get to keep your phone connection. Even a 7" Fire from Amazon (£35) would do the trick.

rockits

Definitely ditch the run flats if you do any town driving. I've had a couple of M Sport 5's & they crashed & bashed their way through many shocking North London & Hertfordshire roads. Mind you TT was just as bad & never had run flats!

dem maser

Will put winters on and in March will replace them with normal summer tyres non run flats
Shall i buy gunk foam then?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Cracking looking car that, Dem. Grim trim, though, I agree. Worth a chat with Frank / fcz360 ? - he had access to a company which did a good job on his GTS trim.