My Trip to ADG! A Shiny MC Shift

iainw

That sounds great Phil, looking forward to hearing it - and to seeing it too, yours is the same car I looked at when it was for sale with ADG last year before I bought mine - very nice!

I just told Nicola about the 3 GTSs there tomorrow, parked up next to each other to listen to the different exhausts - I asked if she was sure she didn't want to come - you can imagine the response!!!

My wife doest get it either. She says it sounds like there is a hole in the exhaust and it annoys her. Women :/

Contigo

Sponsor
looks lovely -
Did you get a price on the wheel spacers?

That is the next port of call mate. I will speak to Noor and get some group buy prices. I remember you are up for a set so will start a thread in the next few weeks.

CatmanV2

That is the next port of call mate. I will speak to Noor and get some group buy prices. I remember you are up for a set so will start a thread in the next few weeks.

Cost dependent, me as well. Although I just bought a set of security bolts....

C

Contigo

Sponsor
I just love this shot of it which the Mrs took at Brooklands yesterday.

Looks so much better with the invisible show plates! :D

image.jpg

outrun

Did you just unscrew the plate holder? I see so many Lambos and Fezzas with no front plate. I'm seriously tempted to follow suit.

StuartW

Did you just unscrew the plate holder? I see so many Lambos and Fezzas with no front plate. I'm seriously tempted to follow suit.

On mine, I had to unstick the plate first to reveal the 3 screws which screw the holder to the bumper

outrun

I'd like a solution where I can remove the hideous plastic plate holder afterthought and take the plate on and off at will. I'll be left with screw holes which I'll get repaired. It spoils the nose something chronic.

Contigo

Sponsor

Two screws out of the plate, revealing said hideous plastic holder and then three screws to remove that. Some polish to the paintwork where it has accumulated dirt/grime.

Front plate in the car ready with double sided tape as it fell off officer

rs48635

Nice - doing the same with plate on my QP.
Will the X or H pipe work on the 4.2 in my QP? Already a Sport GT so supposedly has "sport exhaust". If it's less the £1500 I'm in, tomorrow!

Jkulin

Rob, my QP is back tomorrow with a Larini X-Pipe newly fitted, I'll try and get a video of it if I get a chance over the weekend.

Mr K

Will the X or H pipe work on the 4.2 in my QP? Already a Sport GT so supposedly has "sport exhaust". If it's less the £1500 I'm in, tomorrow!

The difference between the Sport GT's exhaust and the standard car's (~2006/07) was only that the centre box was replaced by an X pipe. So you should already have one. The rear silencers are the same between the variants available at the time. What you need is some nice 2nd hand Tubis :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Rob! Do not have an X-pipe fitted as you car already has an unsilenced X being a Sport GT. That should save a phone call! :D