Pic of the day

Team GCR

8189bef6ffc09f02a31eebac827670c7.jpg

Just snapped this one this morning. What is it?

A car park?

MrPea

Precisely chaps!
I'm not sure if I can get up there, but I'm going to try tomorrow. Although, if it's torrential thunder storms like today, I may not...

midlifecrisis

Surprised it's still standing and not been knocked down or converted into flats. They've stopped production from there haven't they?

SteveM

I was told the way to get on the roof race track is if you are staying at the hotel that is within the building and say you would like to go for a jog - they give you a key for the roof door. Not sure how you can do it if not staying at the hotel but the hotel concierge is probably your best bet. I'm not sure if the glass globe shape restaurant is still open - last time I was there was 2006.
Precisely chaps!
I'm not sure if I can get up there, but I'm going to try tomorrow. Although, if it's torrential thunder storms like today, I may not...

safrane

As above...saw a documentary on Italian design and Mussolini. The presenter blagged a jog up there as well.

alfatwo

The old Lingotto factory is now a listed building, the architecture is just amazing...

Yes you can still go up to the roof and on the old test track, fantastic view of Turin from up there!

Dave

alfatwo

Unfortunately not. BA is my main means of transport, but can't wait to get Myfanwy out next weekend for the Vulcan run.

I remember Abbott Motorsport in the late 70's,what with running those hot Saabs over the Hackney Marches!

Dave

casadalloro

Round at a friends house Sunday week ago.... He has a 6R4 and a Lancia Montecarlo in red with an original 037 bodykit on it in his garage.... Also has a Sierra Cosworth GrN, a Citroen C2 R2, a historic Poesche 911 and his current rally car, a millington powered Darrian T9 in another garage......

Rather nice collection....

casadalloro

Some of his collection inc pic of the real 037 he drove in circuit of ireland and one his 911 RS lightweight from mid/late 70's ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

casadalloro

He or his drivers don't exactly ***** foot around with them...Porsche 3 wheelers!

Great driver that mixed it (and beat) the best, and a really nice guy... Still loves his rallying and got a top 10 and class win at Anglesy about a month ago in the Darrian...hes 72 now!!

Got him driving my Maser last summer and he was really surprised.... More "go" than he thought it would have and handled great!