Jumping ship

Massa in Perth

Okay thanks Phil, just thought it might help tracking some down. Anyone know if the wheel is the same through the QP5 range from period 2005 onward? i.e. will later wheels fit my car? Wheels.jpg

Andyk

The wheels above where standard on the QP Sport GT and Sport GTS. In the Maserati chat section on here go to the sticky thread on spec and options and I think it will tell you the name of them in there.

Andyk

Just looked they...as Phil said they are just called 7 spoke wheels....no name in the price list.

Massa in Perth

Getting to know the QP (2006 DS) a little more now. We did 400kms yesterday (@11.4L/100kms) and the wife approves which is always a good start.. However I've noticed some odd things that I thought I would post here in case anyone can shine any light. Here goes.

One: why does the D on the dash blink occasionally for no apparent reason? Did it a couple of times while cruising (in cruise). Everything else normal.

Two: When in auto, just now and again, when stopped at traffic lights I will notice it has dropped itself into Neutral.

Three: When driving, the door locks will engage without me doing anything. Teh alarm system is standard AFAIK. There doesn't seem to be any pattern on when it decides to do it. I should add here that I have learnt quickly to never leave the keys in it! Did that recently only to find that within a minute, it had locked all the doors with me on the outside and the key in the ignition.... I was at the showroom where my 3200GT is so fortunately I could hop into that and drive 30 mins home to pick up the spare key...

Thanks for any ideas...

CatmanV2

One: A guess but what's your clutch wear?
Two: If it's like the 4200 it will drop into neutral after a period of time. Not 100% sure that it'll be the same but.
Three: No idea. Sounds a bit odd!

C

MrMickS

Door locks engage on the Ghibli of its set and you go above 15 mph. My last Alfa did the same.

Seems to be an anti car jacking feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massa in Perth

Thanks, clutch is <4000kms old documented replacement, so it had better not be that. I guess it is pretty similar to the Cambiocorsa (same system different name?) so if they do that too...

My locks engaged yesterday at 115km/h and half an hour into a freeway drive. I may have to resort to reading the manual.. BUT... what a car!

CatmanV2

Door locks engage on the Ghibli of its set and you go above 15 mph. My last Alfa did the same.

Seems to be an anti car jacking feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT can be set to do the same. Doing it while stationary with the key in the car, per the OP's comment, would not seem a great design :)

C

Massa in Perth

GT can be set to do the same. Doing it while stationary with the key in the car, per the OP's comment, would not seem a great design :)

C

The manual says there is an option to lock the doors at 20km/h but it was not selected... I've ticked it and will see what happens tomorrow morning, but either way the mystery remains.
p.s. in the same menu there is an option for "keyless go". Would have been nice... I wonder why that was included given there's no big red start button (about the only thing missing from what I can see!).

Toby

Massa in Perth

Owners of older QPs - what is the condition of the plastic boot surrounds on your cars please? I am referring to the plastic panels that sit between the rear window seal and the boot seal. Mine have split and perished to the point that they all need replacing, top ones are worst, and they are REALLY bad....

Massa in Perth

Yeah, maybe the sun but most of it is covered by the boot itself so maybe not. The car was sold in Queensland first, then spent a few years in Adelaide, from where I shipped it to Perth last month. i thought it might be some "clever" substance invented by the Italians, like the soft touch coating on switchgear.. but if I'm on my lonesome here then it sounds like something else.

I was (very) scared there would be rot underneath, but apart from 5mm of dirt the paint is clean as a whistle underneath. The material just peels off in chunks. There are cracks through most of the surround.

Looks like I can buy the pieces from Euroscares for a couple of hundred quid for some bits of plastic.. yeesh) and fitting them would be quick and easy (Famous Last Words) but they appear to just be decorative. The pieces just slip under the boot seal and are held in place by strips of (very persistent) double sided tape.

It's invisible with the boot shut so there might be other alternatives, including the do nothing option (after it's all stripped off of course), not sure yet.

Massa in Perth

OK, loving the car, but bored of the same 5 CDs (and of changing them)... Is there really no way to hook an MP3 player/ipod onto the sound system? Someone far cleverer than me must have come up with something...?