Early 1900's colour photos

Almichie

Amazing. I go t other bottom and found the 79's NYC photos, and loved those even more!

allandwf

Thanks, interesting stuff. As you said earlier the long exposure creates a hazy mystical touch. I suppose I could relate it to a bit like early musical sound recordings where the instruments blend into one overall sound.

MrPea

Those are lovely! Thanks for posting them. I'll try out some of those techniques on my holiday.

VMSRTI

Very impressive. Have to agree with you re the colour vibrancy on some of those pics is just amazing.
Thanks for sharing.

Wack61

Fascinating

A few years ago I was given some old cine film to sell on eBay for a guy , he said there may be something interesting on it

He wasn't kidding , I set it up and spent 15 minutes with my mouth open , it was a very wealthy families holiday film, not just any holiday, a trip on the queen Mary to New York in the 20s , one scene was obviously shot in a hurry , stood on the deck filming a Zeppelin flying overhead.

I watched a documentary on BBC4 about Vivian Maier , an unassuming woman who spent her life photographing New York but didn't show anyone the 10s of thousands of pictures shed taken over decades , if it's still on the I player it's well worth watching

http://www.vivianmaier.com/about-vivian-maier/

Ebenezer

Makes you realize that the world had colour before the 20th Century! So used to seeing history in black and white.
Eb

Wack61

The ones that make me think are the WW2 film shot in colour, it seems so distant in B&W but in colour you realise it wasn't that long ago at all

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
The ones that make me think are the WW2 film shot in colour, it seems so distant in B&W but in colour you realise it wasn't that long ago at all

I know.
When I think when I was born WW2 ended 22 years previously, the Falklands was 34 years ago so its only like a 12 year old today looking back like when I was 12! eek

Love the way you can see how it is today and how it was for those brave brave people.
The lady carrying the water jugs is my favourite
Thanks for posting - made my day