Scottish Italian car day

Stewart

image.jpg
Apologies ...Masser last try ,photos not wanting to go in as normal. See you tomorrow

highlander

What a cracking day! Nice weather (sunburnt nose :() nice metal and loud exhausts.........what's not to like! Pietro wanted me to pass on his thanks for everyone that came along today.....9 masers in a row is just such a pretty sight ;) hope all got home ok.
i'll post some pics tomorrow
Edit: thanks a bunch Athol, Fiona has not shut up about the noise from your black beast as a passenger and how "quiet" marci's tubi is.......do me a favour, next time bring another bi-turbo ;)

Needamaser

Thanks for pulling this together Greg.
Great day. Sunburnt and met a few new faces. Shiny motors and 2 ridiculously loud participants.
Did anyone take photos or were we too busy sunbathing in Scotland's one day of summer?

AndyT

Fab day out, and nice to meet you all.
And the noise- Oh the noise! Mine seems so quiet. Maybe I'll have to take my first steps towards the 'Dark Side'

Davidc

Great day out and good to meet some fellow Maserati owners. No doubt catch up with you guys another time. I will try to upload some photos tomorrow.

Needamaser

Fab day out, and nice to meet you all.
And the noise- Oh the noise! Mine seems so quiet. Maybe I'll have to take my first steps towards the 'Dark Side'
BennyD would be the first and cheapest port of call I would suggest.
Other than sticking a screwdriver through the back boxes. I did that with a Triumph Herald many moons ago!!

bigbob

Didn't have to go far at all - it was near Kincardine!

Actually... I didn't plan on getting one until next year. I went to see the project 4200 in Edinburgh (the green £7k car on autotrader) thinking if it wasn't too bad, I could save it, I liked the dark green in photos and red leather was my 2nd in line colour. When I got there I instantly didn't like the green, and the red seemed a little incomplete somehow (I think I don't like the red / black combo) then on the way home called about the one I ended up buying.
I knew I didn't want a silver car, and didn't want black interior, but if it was close, I figured I could have a look and get to know them a little better, possibly drive it. I got there, loved the way the combination of sun and silver enhanced the curves at the back. Condition seemed good (it's not mint by a long shot, but it's fine for now) Got in it, loved how classy the black looked, perhaps I was looking for a silver/black car after all...!
And that was my Maserati day. Go out planning a possible cheap project car, view 2 4200GTs in one day, but the one that isn't so much of a project :S

Chris

Brilliant, think it was on AT as F13CCC?

Corranga

Brilliant, think it was on AT as F13CCC?

Yep, that's mine, now reverted to the original 54 plate.
It should be on the road as of tomorrow (tax) though my plan to use the untaxed period to get my 944 into a sellable state has failed...

Italian car day was fun, plenty of interesting stuff to look at, probably excluding my Panda, but I love it all the same. Hopefully next year I'll take the Maserati!

Chris

bigbob

I like a lot of these accessible 1980s and 90s cars. things like 355 values are just stupid but more normal cars are low enough to take the risk.