Wind noise 2010 GTS

Scaf

I had noticed that at high motorway speeds there was wind noise from the passenger side and also when the car is jetwashed from a certain angle the odd drip of water getting through the window rubber.

Taking a close look at the doors I noticed it was not sitting quite as flush as it could be and so a little adjustment was in order. Not worth going back to the dealer so I had a look myself.

I then noticed that on the latch / sticking plate the pin that holds the door is covered in thick hard nylon and that this had worn / degraded on both sides.

A few quid later and two new striker plates arrived and after 5 mins fitting a little adjustment no more wind noise and the door fit flush.

I am guessing this is a common issue as the replacements don't have the nylon, just a thicker metal pin.

Here is replacement - no nylon to wear

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good post, scaf. Thanks. An end-of-warranty inspection on mine revealed that these were a bit worn, but not enough to cause any wind noise. Good to know it's an easy fix.

stewarttownsend

awesome as I have slight wind noise, having had rubbers and seal replaced when I bought it it was still there and couldnt get rid of it.

Checked mine and same as yours totally worn, what did you search for to get the new parts ? Was it from maserati/euro spares etc where you got them.

Worth investing in to get that nice tight door shut feeling and less noise.

CatmanV2

Mine are also worn, but I have no issues around fit as yet. This appears to be the part:

Maserati Part #85321500

£6.50 from everyone's favourite emporium

C

sofasurfer

Mine are wearing away so time to order some. What 's the bit I need to remove them? I don't seem to have a screwdriver that shaped in my tool box.

edit:

Never mind...just realised it's a Torx set that I must have somewhere.

granturismo

T40 to fit and I suggest getting new screws as well as mine were somewhat oxidated. Easy 5 min job and doors sit flush now :)

azapa

Good call. Mine look a little worn too despite less than 10,000 miles. The wind noise that I noticed appeared to be from the back window or boot area, above 210Km/h (130Mph). I wonder if it was actually the door seals?