New Pirelli P-Zero

dem maser

Contis all the way
I have pirellis on my BM and i have been very disappointed as I was also disappointed years ago on my Maser....

Ryandoc

Right after more lunchtime reading I'm going super sports. Decision is made.

Has anyone actually got super sports on, any feedback from the knowledgeable ones ?

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Has anyone actually got super sports on, any feedback from the knowledgeable ones ?

You know that will only lead to more confusion! I'm interested in the answer however since I need new back tyres and have been watching this with interest.

urquattrogus

I found super sports excellent on my BMW, great dry and wet traction, and very impressive wear rate.

I think they are all good tyres, but the Michelin's wear better than most in my experience.

Ryandoc

You know that will only lead to more confusion! I'm interested in the answer however since I need new back tyres and have been watching this with interest.

Yeah did cross my mind but I'm 100% decided now and just curious for real life feedback. I even looked at the new PS4's but they don't do them in the right sizes.

I ran PS2's on my M3 for over 5 years was a great tyre I always knew the super sport was even better so might as well as the sizes are correct.

I'd kick myself if he new p-zero's were no better and until suck time as there's real life experience I'm not prepared to take the chance

hoyin

I have super sports in my GT. Had Pirellis before. I am however not very knowledgable so no opinions to give.

outrun

I have Corsas and despite hating most pirelli products, they seem OK. Certainly better than the pZero even with summer tread designs and more track focused style.

I'd buy Contis as bigbob said. They're official MGT tread now and simply better than pirelli in our mixed weather.

Jkulin

I have Pzeros on my 911 and cannot fault them in either the wet, dry or even snow, had them on my Jags in the past and they were fantastic.

I had a worn pair on my QP when I bought it and they were scary, but was that because they were worn/old/knackered?

I need a complete set of tyres for the new 20" rims that I bought, so decisions decisions or do I wait until someone else has bought a set and tried them?

stewarttownsend

Don't go Pirelli had them on my porsche, I replaced the fronts on GTS with Pirelli and regretted it when it came to the rears which ended up being a few weeks later I did some research and went for these

Item No.: R-219677
Item: Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 285/35 ZR20 (104Y) XL (Su)
Quantity: 2

They are awesome the car sticks in the wet to the road like they are glued, unlike pirellis they still have tread left having driven a few thousand miles and when fronts need replacing then these are going on the front as well.

Dave - should have let you drive mine on Saturday round the roundabout a few times at high speed :)

Jkulin

Probably down to ones driving style Stewart and probably because my 911 is a Carrera 4, but in both dry and the wet I couldn't wish for better grip.

MrPea

I still believe, for those who were disappointed by p zeros, maybe try p zero rosso. Older tyre, but it sticks better and last longer than p zero.
I had 8 month and 4k mile old rossos on my old spyder and they were awesome in the warm and dry. They were pretty hard below 10 degrees, a handful in the wet, and may well have been a contributing factor in writing off that car.

Ebenezer

What's the treadwear number on these new P Zeros? My rears are softer (lower treadwear number) than the fronts so I don't expect to get that many miles out of them...
Eb

bigbob

What's the treadwear number on these new P Zeros? My rears are softer (lower treadwear number) than the fronts so I don't expect to get that many miles out of them...
Eb

That's strange. On the GranTurismo on 20" the treadwear is the same front to back. Think it is 220.

Ebenezer

P Zero's can come with different treadware values. I think I was "unlucky" when they were replaced. Should have been specific about this but you live and learn
Eb

Mr.Cambio

I had 8 month and 4k mile old rossos on my old spyder and they were awesome in the warm and dry. They were pretty hard below 10 degrees, a handful in the wet, and may well have been a contributing factor in writing off that car.

In the wet, i have to be very careful, as it's not their strong point. But when warm, the are awesome.
Forgot to mention that i use rossos with the label "extra load" which is a stronger compound.

Ebenezer

Well time has come for new rears. I currently have have P Zeros front and back. These haven't lasted very long - less than 10K - the tread wear is 180. Otherwise I have no complaints on their performance, but I'm no expert on handling. The tyre size is 285/35/R19 99Y

What should I do?
Eb

MrMickS

I out a new pair of P Zeros on. Got similar wear out of them but wasn't expecting much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk