Thinking of Selling the GS to move to a GT Sport

bigbob

Than what? A 4.2 maybe but nothing in it between a GTS 4.7 MCS.

Believe me, at Le Mans I'd say out of all the cars there, 32, 42, GS, GT there is about 5% differential if that in all the cars performance.

Having owned a 3200, 4200 and GTS and having driven a GT a fair bit before I ordered the GTS, I agree with this. Anyway on the road a car needs to have a major power to weight difference -say 20% - for it to make any meaningful impact. All great cars and.....all slow compared to what you can get out the box with things like the M3/M4 now. You don't buy a Maserati to have the fastest car for the money.

CatmanV2

No difference on the road, I agree, but technically a smidge faster. 4200 *feels* faster than my GT, but I know that's misfiring.

C

bigbob

MAF260

All down to the driver at the end of the day.

Completely agree with this. There's very little in it with any of these cars and a slightly later/different gear change, stab on the throttle could make one car appear faster than another. The only one slightly (very slightly) left behind is the 4.2 GT. It's slower than the others, but really not by much.

steamer

Looking at the tables, Well done maserati on a mssive performance gain over 10 years of development :0037:

bigbob

Looking at the tables, Well done maserati on a mssive performance gain over 10 years of development :0037:

The bad news as actually over 20 years - no real improvement in power to weight when everyone else is shooting the lights out. Even a Golf is as quick as a GranTurismo now!!!

urbanmaser

At the very least the Gransport is going to hold its value and current indications are that values are not just firming but appreciating. It is a rare site on our roads (if not at the Ace Cafe.) I feel the GTS is just going to continue depreciating. Yes it is a prettier car but offers no meaningful increase in performance over the Gransport. If you are going to change it has to be Stradale.

spkennyuk

The bad news as actually over 20 years - no real improvement in power to weight when everyone else is shooting the lights out. Even a Golf is as quick as a GranTurismo now!!!

True but i know which car i would rather be driving and its not the golf.

Maserati while they are owned by Fiat group will IMO never make the fastest most powerfull cars. The speed and power crowns will always be held by Ferrari. They can and again IMO make some of the sleekest most charismatic and beautiful cars on the roads.

beau

At the very least the Gransport is going to hold its value and current indications are that values are not just firming but appreciating. It is a rare site on our roads (if not at the Ace Cafe.) I feel the GTS is just going to continue depreciating. Yes it is a prettier car but offers no meaningful increase in performance over the Gransport. If you are going to change it has to be Stradale.

I was at autofficina last week, they had 1 granturismo around, I lost count of the amount of gransports, must of been 6-7

BRR

I'm not really concerned with the outright performance, especially on paper of the Maserati's as I think they've pretty much nailed it with what's useable on the road, they're plenty fast enough but not so fast that you never get to explore the full rev range across a few gears

EnzoMC

All down to the driver at the end of the day.

attachment.php

GS being top of the coupes, so would be good to compare with the MC Stradale

also whats it mean by terminal speed ?

Google Search:-
"Terminal speed, also known as terminal velocity, is the maximum speed of a falling object when it can no longer accelerate from the gravitational pull or any constant force. This is due to air resistance negating the force of gravity acting on the object"

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have put the car up for sale on Autotrader today as I am trying to move into a GT before the end of the summer. Do let me know any thoughts about the advert as I can always change it: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607256158950

looking good - best of luck, will be interesting to see how quickly this seller, mine is also similar milage

oh speak to Matt he got a GT and went back to GS :)

m1980k

Terminal speed is the top speed achieved when doing the 1/4 mile. So one car can do the 1/4 mile in less time, but at that point the other car can be doing a faster speed and catching up.