Obd code reader

highlander

Well mate, I am no guru but the USB end looks ok.
The other end casing is the right shape, like a Scart shape. I guess it depends how many pins are used or required.
I will check mine tomorrow and count the pins. Mines for a QPV though.
Sorry cannot be more helpful
Lol. Guessing your IT knowledge as high as mines Dave ;)

Yes it says it has the FTDI chip but then again the cable you posted from EBay said it had it.

And that is, as they say, the rub. Guess I have no choice but to buy and open up to check it is FTDI .......again :(

Contigo

Sponsor
Or wait for my known working cables and test on your car! That way we know if it is a driver issue, laptop issue or cable issue!

ALiRi

Greg

It does look the same as the cable I have i.e its blue and the two ends look correct. Due to having a similar grasp of IT as you I decided not to risk the possibility of not getting a functioning cable so bought one from Sander who wrote the software - not as cheap as online - I think it was about E40 for both cables, the blue one and the other one that connects to the 3 pin socket near the loud pedal but it does work. BTW he is very helpful and answered several of my queries gratis as per his software. Have you tried the unidiag forum for help? Its mostly fiat and alfa stuff but there may be a how to for vista (My laptop runs W7 professional 64). Hope you get it sorted soon - it been a real help for me at the other end of the country in the Cornish sticks.

Andy

highlander

Did not know sander was doing these cables. If the one I've ordered does not work out then I will look into that option. Cable and battery should be here early next week.........fingers crossed.

highlander

Greg, did you get my text?

Ingliston car show tomorrow, are you coming down?

txt - no, although think the number you hacve for me is probably fiona's mobile since I am one of the rare breed that do not own a mobile. (trog)
coming down - yes, she has been running fine since the throttle reset so have rebooked the hotel and heading down this afternoon, will make up mind tomorrow after show if we are heading home late or staying over another night.
be good to catch up again.

outrun

You're welcome to stay at mine mate, louise and the kids are on holiday, plenty of space.

rs48635

image.jpg

Thread resurrection for code ; decode P1B00

Have a code reader - but suspect this one needs the MD tool
Strangely have P0711 too on my manual gearbox car. Transmission temperature??

image.jpg

Last edited:

CatmanV2

Transmission temp indeed it would appear. Low fluid and or change may fix it.

The other one looks to be something about quick chargers. Have you been using one?

C