Jacking points on a Ghibli

spacecadet

What do you use as jacking points for axle stands if you want to jack up the whole car and remove all the 4 wheels? What I did on the back so far a few times was lifting at the subframe mounting points (with the big rubber mounts) and used the original jacking points under the sill for the axle stands. Is this OK for longer term (weeks)? Couldn't find a proper place on the front. A misaligned lifting accident is already visible so I was afraid of just putting the stands to some random point.
Thanks

chad5k1

On the rear that is fine I think. Very difficult at the front, I've used axle stands on the front subframe in the past and jacked on the area behind the front wheel arch. On the passenger side, that section is deformed and needs repair - when that is done I might look to see if they can install a jacking point similar to the rear.
Open to others folks suggestions too

del mar

On the rear that is fine I think. Very difficult at the front, I've used axle stands on the front subframe in the past and jacked on the area behind the front wheel arch. On the passenger side, that section is deformed and needs repair - when that is done I might look to see if they can install a jacking point similar to the rear.
Open to others folks suggestions too

Yes I have used the front subframe. Jack it up on the normal points the subframe is nice and square so site well in the stands.

Mine has also been damaged on the front out riggers ? Where it was jacked up in the wrong place - how would you repair / replace them

chad5k1

Yes I have used the front subframe. Jack it up on the normal points the subframe is nice and square so site well in the stands.

Mine has also been damaged on the front out riggers ? Where it was jacked up in the wrong place - how would you repair / replace them

I guess cut the section out and add in new re-enforced metal?

del mar

Nice.

Would this be a case of Tricketts charging £100 per side yet your bill being £600..... or am I being unfair?

Rich if it is as simple as them making the box section and welding it in, do you think they would be able to make two sets and I will buy one - Poole is too far away for me. Or would they be very specific to each car ?

chad5k1

Nice.

Would this be a case of Tricketts charging £100 per side yet your bill being £600..... or am I being unfair?

Rich if it is as simple as them making the box section and welding it in, do you think they would be able to make two sets and I will buy one - Poole is too far away for me. Or would they be very specific to each car ?

Ha, I hear you, but Emblem are pretty fair with this stuff and if they don't think it makes sense to be in the middle, they are honest about that.
Anything that emblem do is 100% bang on in my experience too.
I can see if I can dig out the email address for Nigel at Tricketts and you can ask him yourself if you like?
My experience with the underneath of each ghibli is that they tend to have variations. If that is because of previous work, or just the way it is from the factory, I can't be 100%, but probably a bit of both.