Pre-1997 cars banned in cities

MAF260

My Ducati just squeaks through by two months. :)

But will be banned from London under the ULEZ changes coming soon. :(

Maybe I'll move to Paris.

ULEZ? Seems a bit extreme to ban a motor vehicle based on its sexuality. Phil should be OK to drive his MX5 there!

drewf

Unless your English as they won't be able to tell what year they are and have not access to UK DVLA. There only chance would be a spot fine.

Another good reason for leaving the EU.

Spot fine. Done deal - you'd have to prove it was younger than the limit; can't prove it, pay the fine. You know how it works Matt... :(

It's got nothing to do with the EU though -

conaero

Forum Owner
Spot fine. Done deal - you'd have to prove it was younger than the limit; can't prove it, pay the fine. You know how it works Matt... :(

It's got nothing to do with the EU though -

We both know they will be targeting unsespecting travelling tourists, the indigenous population will get off scott free!

drewf

Fair point, although I doubt there will be that many tourists with older (20+) cars; there are however zillions of clapped out old vans and cars owned by small businesses in Paris that the Mayor will be targeting. Who would want a new vehicle in a place where they get battered in seconds? It's not going to be popular, but I'm certain the model will be copied by other cities.

rockits

So a pre-97 1.0 ltr car that goes in the zone once gets fined but a post-97 car with a 6.0 ltr V12 can go in their ten times a day and be fine & dandy?

Sounds like another well thought out plan by intelligent academics!

allandwf

So a pre-97 1.0 ltr car that goes in the zone once gets fined but a post-97 car with a 6.0 ltr V12 can go in their ten times a day and be fine & dandy?

Sounds like another well thought out plan by intelligent academics!
Obviously! ;) hence my 2001 5.5 lt V8 costs a 5th of the price of my 2015 2.0 lt.