A Happy Event!

Ian996

I'm pleased to announce that, after a slightly longer gestation period than expected, today saw a happy addition to the Ian996 household.

When delivery finally occurred, it was fast and trouble-free, and the new arrival weighed in at a healthy 1,880 KG

First impressions are that it's beautiful and even louder than expected.

I've attached the obligatory pics (one in it's designer "onesie" immediately after arrival) but will post some better ones when I can find a suitably picturesque backdrop.

If anyone can advise me on whether it's possible to stop the alarm bleeping when locking and unlocking, I'd be very grateful....I'd like to avoid waking the neighbours when I leave at 5:30 am, and the combination of a bleeping alarm and the exhaust would make that very difficult.

Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you at Brands Hatch on the 14th.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7

highlander

Like some other new arrivals, it will have you up in the middle of the night checking it is ok.......every 2 hours should be fine for the first 6 months I think.
Congrats, she looks gorgeous, love the blue thread finish!

StuartW

Congratulations, just lovely - enjoy every opportunity you have to drive it, especially in the summer - what a delight!

Ian996

Many thanks all...as you can imagine, I have been out and about for the last couple of hours, messing about with the Sport button. I love the way "quiet" mode is so refined at motorway speeds, yet still gives a lovely sound-track as you go up and down the gear-box when Sport mode is inappropriate. (I appreciate that "mileage may vary" regarding whether there is any time when Sport is inappropriate).

I'm really chuffed with the colour scheme - I think the Bianco Pregiato interior looks wonderful but, amongst other things, I will be using this to get to and from the train station, and it would break my heart to get South-Eastern grime on lovely white seats, so Nero was the pragmatic choice. Blacked out wheels & headlights on the outside and blue stitching & tridents on the inside work even better than I hoped.

As Highlander says, I think I'll be on "New Baby Watch" for the foreseeable future.

conaero

Forum Owner
She s a thing of beauty, well done and a cracking bit of whit in your posts....liking that!

Ian996

Surely the alarm is the least of your worries? :)

C

There is a certain degree of futility in trying not to wake the neighbours with a GT, but I'm working on the basis that a single assault on the senses may be less disturbing than a double one. The alarm bleep seems to be set in "Sport" mode and having both going seems a little along the lines of:

BEEP BEEP "That should have woken them.... I'll just give it a few beans to make absolutely sure!"

CatmanV2

BEEP BEEP "That should have woken them.... I'll just give it a few beans to make absolutely sure!"

:lol2:

In honesty I'd be surprised if the alarm was that loud in someone else's house. **** I can barely hear mine when it's going off!

C