2016 Silverstone Classic

EnzoMC

anyone going on any of the days Fri 29th/Sat 30th/Sun 31st July ?

its a great mixature of cars - just some of the clubs attending:

Abarth / AC / Alfa Romeo / Allard / Alvis / Aston Martin / Audi / Austin
Bentley / Bristol / Clio V6 / Lotus / Classic Group / Classic Sports / Ferrari
Ford AVO / Ginetta / GT40 / GTM / Healey / Honda / Jaguar / Karmann Ghia
Horsepower Torques Club :) / Lamborghini / Lancia / Lotus 7 / Marcos
Maserati :) / McLaren / MG / Midget / Mini / Morgan / Mustang / MX-5 / Nissan
Noble / Panther / Porsche / Quattro :) / Reliant Sabre / Scimitar / Rover P6
RS / SeMantics / Smartmaniacs / Spartan / Stag / Stratos / Sunbeam
Supercar Driver / Honda NSX / Z Club / Toyota MR2 / TR / Triumph Sports
TVR / Ultima / Vauxhall / Westfield

drewf

Tickets cost £65 each for the Saturday, £54 for Sunday... I used to love going to the Silverstone Classic, but the prices are now ridiculous.

Contigo

Sponsor
Agreed, I liked Silverstone when we all met for the Centenary but the costs are now frankly ridiculous!

EnzoMC

Tickets cost £65 each for the Saturday, £54 for Sunday... I used to love going to the Silverstone Classic, but the prices are now ridiculous.

hi Drew - hope all is well your end

yep has gone up but don't you get a discount from the club ? however think that is only 10%

drewf

All well here mate, thank you! Hope the same at your end too...

The early-bird club tickets are indeed a decent deal, including infield parking and entrance tickets for two people, but that's only any good if you can commit to going several months in advance. Centenary was a great meet, and one that will obviously never be repeated. We had a great year then, with some cracking trips available!

MrPea

I'm going to be there on Saturday and Sunday, and I got the Maserati Club package. Yes, you have to commit 2+ months in advance, but the deal is 2 tickets for the price of one, plus in-field parking with the club. That basically covers more than club membership for the year in discount.

It would be great to meet anyone else who's going from on here. On Saturday I'll be there with the youth I mentor, and on Sunday I'll be there with a few friends who will also be using the Mustang Owners GB club parking.

Personally I really enjoy it. It's a shame I didn't have a Maser until 6 months after the Centenary parade (I'd just saved the money, and it made too much sense to use elsewhere in a rather awesome investment), but last year I got to take the Saab on track with the Silver Anniversary parade

I expect I'll have some nice track pictures of some of your Maserati from the Centenary parade lap.

Anyway, if you'll be there, drop me a message. Enzo, I'm guessing that includes you?

Team GCR

I'll be there with the MCV probably Saturday and Sunday but I am also doing the Retrorun in my 20/25 so not sure when I will be around.

alfatwo

I'll be there for the full 3 days with the Alfa crowd..It's been about 12 years in a row, Its a fantastic weekend for racing petrol heads like me!

Dave

Rex B

Saturday and Sunday for me, good racing and lots of nice cars and things to do.

Rex B

EnzoMC

Anyway, if you'll be there, drop me a message. Enzo, I'm guessing that includes you?

I'm going tomorrow with the car and hopefully Saturday as a guest so will let you know

I'll be there for the full 3 days with the Alfa crowd..It's been about 12 years in a row, Its a fantastic weekend for racing petrol heads like me!
Dave

hopefully meet up on the Alfa plot tomorrow. any rare Alfas going do you know ?

NickP

I prefer this to the Revival as its not so packed, not been for a few years but may pop along at the weekend if I can convince Mrs P painting the new kitchen can wait...

MrPea

Myfanwy is all happily detailed and now enjoying her snooze in the garage before tomorrow's outing. I'm particularly excited about being able to make a lot of noise through the tunnel to get inside the circuit.