That sinking feeling

whereskeith

Picked up GS on Friday from the body shop... All dents sorted, all scratches sorted, rear wings painted to sort out bad previous work.. Oh and the wheels painted and back to new .
Get home and park
Go out the next day and some one in my car park has kindly reversed into the car and cracked the front bumper.
Aargh
No details left....
There is a cctv camera about 6 foot away and now to try and get the video from the security company
Always the way isn't it .

rockits

Never happens before getting the work done does it?! Hope they are caught. Criminal offence isn't it leaving the scene of the accident?

highlander

Never happens before getting the work done does it?! Hope they are caught. Criminal offence isn't it leaving the scene of the accident?

Don't know about on the rock but would guess so. The "I'm alright jack" attitude seems to becoming more prevalent unfortunately, hope you get it fixed and the camera was on. :(

whereskeith

Don't know about on the rock but would guess so. The "I'm alright jack" attitude seems to becoming more prevalent unfortunately, hope you get it fixed and the camera was on. :(

I hope its an offence, I intend to take this as far as I can.
There will be a scene if the camera was not on there are about 20 in the whole garage !.. I will find out tomorrow

Wack61

Private land. I suspect you're in a dead end

Hope I'm wrong :(

C

You are this time :D anywhere the public have access to is classed as the highway, supermarket car parks etc

It's not a criminal offence but it is an offence to leave the scene of an accident without leaving your details, 6 points and a big fine assuming it's the same in Gibraltar

If they cite data protection you can request the footage of your car at the time of the incident for £10 or go to the police and they should get it

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Problem with parking dings, it's too easy to just say they didn't realise they had hit you.
Another case for dashcams unfortunately.

Jkulin

You are this time :D anywhere the public have access to is classed as the highway, supermarket car parks etc

It's not a criminal offence but it is an offence to leave the scene of an accident without leaving your details, 6 points and a big fine assuming it's the same in Gibraltar

If they cite data protection you can request the footage of your car at the time of the incident for £10 or go to the police and they should get it

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

Reading that Darren, it would seem to apply to you in person not your property unless it encompasses all of that.

Wack61

Possibly John, hadn't thought of that , the police can request the footage though as an offence has definitely been commited

whereskeith

GOT HIM.
after 2 weeks of phone calls and continually chasing people I have the name and now the insurance details of the offender.
--------------------------
Dear Mr Small,

The person who ran into your car is Mr xxxxxxxx who has parking space 131 opposite you. He admits bumping into your car and he says if you contact him then you can make arrangement to claim damages from his insurance. Please call him on xxxxx. He was aware that he had bumped into your car but he was not aware that he had caused any damage. Still he says he will make himself responsible.
----------------------
He asked if i was going to take it to the local toyota dealer for repair... "errr.... no .... its going to Maserati , no garage in Gib is touching this car"..... then the moaning started... "you shouldnt have hit it then" he was told quite bluntly.

I have now handed in my claim form and quote for repair to include a new bumper/spoiler (2700 euro)... its a very small crack but it was not cracked before and so i think he should replace what he broke. The next battle will be with an Insurance assessor who will no doubt try and get a repair done.

Wack61

Great news, have you reported him to the police, 6 points might stop him doing it again