Grancabrio Question

iainw

Does anyone on here have a Grandcabrio?
Can anyone advise on how make it sound as good / better than an MC Shift?
I fancy a convertible but don't want to downgrade on speed / sound / sportiness.
I would love to just cut the top off mine.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Fit an FD kit on an early GC and it'll sound like an MC, add an X pipe for good measure.

Andyk

Wasn't the early Grancabs a bit wooly Dicky with the Sport addressing some of its short comings ?

sionie1

I've got a Grancabrio sport, can't comment on the noise vs other models, but it turns heads everywhere in normal mode and gets oaps telling you to slow down in sports mode ( doing 10mph I hasten to add over speed bumps).
Horses for courses, I'm sure you can go much louder, but not for me.

bigsteve

Hi
Got a grand cab sport, gets lots of positive attention and comments, sounds great in normal and fantastic in sport, turns heads. Suspension on sport model was upgraded from basic cab and really improved the ride, watch Harry metcalfes review of the sport on you tube, covers the issue.

iainw

I've got a Grancabrio sport, can't comment on the noise vs other models, but it turns heads everywhere in normal mode and gets oaps telling you to slow down in sports mode ( doing 10mph I hasten to add over speed bumps).
Horses for courses, I'm sure you can go much louder, but not for me.

Do you love it Sionie?
I have only had OAPS telling me to slow down a couple of times - agree it is annoying as only going about 20 mph. It does sound like a firing squad though.

The Sport is Stunning but as Andy Says it looks like they are 60-70. Its almost in California territory. I will wash my mouth out now.

iainw

Did harry review the grancab sport? Only seen his GTS review - it was fantastic.

iainw

Just watched it - Fantastic!
Looks like the sport is the way to go.
Just going to go check my kidney function

sionie1

Do you love it Sionie?
I have only had OAPS telling me to slow down a couple of times - agree it is annoying as only going about 20 mph. It does sound like a firing squad though.

The Sport is Stunning but as Andy Says it looks like they are 60-70. Its almost in California territory. I will wash my mouth out now.

Yes I love it. There is a fair bit of scuttle shake being a cab which does grate on occasion, but that was the compromise with the wife about me getting it. Having said that we went out in it last night for a blast in the hills and it was fabulous, the exhaust note echoing around be valley was enough to herald the Valkeries! I set my sights on a particular spec but not a specific model, but drove a few. Didn't want a white one with black wheels - but ended up buying the white one with black wheels.

Tilum

As others have said, if you want the noise of the GranTurismo S w. MC-Shift transmission, then it's the GranCabrio Sport that you want as they have the same exhaust.
N.B. Although the standard GranCabrio has the 4.7l engine that's in the GT S, it has the same suspension set-up and the standard Auto software that's in the standard (4.2l) GT, i.e. not the much-improved suspension and MC AutoShift s/w that's in the GT Sport and GC Sport. Oh, and the GC Sport also has an extra 10 HP over standard GC. Hope that helps.

With regards to GranCabrios at Dick Lovett, they seem to have 2 in atm - a ('Rosso Trionfale' - red) pre-facelift GC Sport @ £65k (link) and a ('Grigio Granito' - dark metallic grey) post facelift GC Sport @ £105k (link). It's obviously a matter of personal preference, but out of the two, I personally think the red one looks way better (despite it being pre-facelift), and it's £40k cheaper too! Bonus :D

iainw

Agree mate:

This seems good value and reasonable colour combination spec. Probably dealer price but reasonable mileage. I would like to get down to look at it and its near my parents too.

Agree the red one at Dick Lovetts looks lovely... And there is a nice grey facelift one for 62k.

Love the centennial one in Lyndhurst - but I would need to sell both corneas, kidneys, liver, re mortgage and get divorced.