3200 GT Dashboard Question

sdlangford

Looking for some advice on a dashboard issue.

The top section that runs the width of the car - the leather seems to be lifting away from the base creating a bubble effect, particularly around the central air vent.

Has anybody else had this issue.

My idea was to take the center vent out and apply adhesive under the areas where it is lifting and re-stick it.

Any help and or thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Simon

alfatwo

Looking for some advice on a dashboard issue.

The top section that runs the width of the car - the leather seems to be lifting away from the base creating a bubble effect, particularly around the central air vent.

Has anybody else had this issue.

My idea was to take the center vent out and apply adhesive under the areas where it is lifting and re-stick it.

Any help and or thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Simon

Just remove the dash top Simon, Its a lot easier...the sun dries out the adhesive

Just pull the trims off above the doors, they just clip on.. unscrew and slide out the screen pillar trims then there's 4 screws holding the top on one either side and two under the centre vent...make sure you don't damaged the air con sensor wires located on top of the dash

Dave

Assetto 52

Mine was redone last week, the leather is stretched over a thin foam base the adhesive the back face of the dash had failed so super strength contact adhesive was applied and leather re stretched and attached its now good as new.

sdlangford

Thanks for these great tips.

The little rectangular thing on top of the dash , is that aircon sensor, mine will not stay down and flaps around.

Will tackle that at same time i guess.

Simon

alfatwo

Thanks for these great tips.

The little rectangular thing on top of the dash , is that aircon sensor, mine will not stay down and flaps around.

Will tackle that at same time i guess.

Simon

When you eventually get the dash top loose, just before you yank it free, fish around for the two pin connector for the air con sensor..

One or two drops of super glue sorts out the sensor repositioning!

Dave