GT - Sat Nav stuck on Maserati logo when it's cold

FerrersWay

I would. Not sure when though. Can you pop in on a CF for me? Happy to pay of course.

C
I can upload it somewhere next week, the compressed image is 9gb (including the previous owners music!) or I can post it on one of the spare drives I now have, just pm me your address

FerrersWay

Also, if it does work on someone elses unit then we should find someone with the latest software version and maps and get them to take an image. Might as well

AaronE

I'm guessing as it is wider they are carrying the power, I don't think it's repairable after my messing around with it
if it's the wide ones, I bet you'd be fine just jumpering around the whole wire if you can't fix the break. a signal line might be sensitive to timing, but power should just be power. try just piggybacking a blue wire onto the cable for that pin.

Moz1000

I agree with AaronE - just use a length of Kynar wire and bypass the break either from connector-to-connector or directly over the break. To do the latter, you'll need to scrape off the polyimide layer to get to the track copper. You can then use a short length of wire to bridge the break. Do it!
Dave

rockits

I can't see it being locked or coded to each car. McGrath said my unit could be taken out of 2007 car to 2003 car when I had blower issues to try without issue.

CatmanV2

I can't see it being locked or coded to each car. McGrath said my unit could be taken out of 2007 car to 2003 car when I had blower issues to try without issue.

We're talking about the software image being coded to the NIT thought.

C

spkennyuk

Yes you can swap whole units without issue but the hdd could be if maserati wanted to do it be coded to the motherboard of the infotainment system. Its the same way the original xbox consols were security coded and a similar way to how microsoft code oem versions of windows to a particular PC or laptop. Swap a hdd out and the computer may say no this isnt the matching hdd for this system.

Either method can be got round it just takes a bit more know how. We wont know which if any system has been used until an image hdd copy is tested in another vehicle.

montravia

I'm particularly pleased with your initiative and determination. I'm expecting that I shall be following suit with a disk drive replacement as I've experienced the repeated bootstrapping, however not when cold but after a few hours driving, suspect other end of temperature spectrum.

FerrersWay

Replacement cable arrived yesterday and now it all works! Booted straight up and was fine all the way into work

Contigo

Sponsor
Nice fix! Glad you managed to get the data off the drive before it had completely failed! The next thing we need to know is can an image from a different drive (with later maps!) be used on any car?

CatmanV2

Nice fix! Glad you managed to get the data off the drive before it had completely failed! The next thing we need to know is can an image from a different drive (with later maps!) be used on any car?

We're looking at testing that. When I have the disc and the nerve :)

C

murph7355

Brilliant!

Are you just using a direct replacement drive, or do you have a faster/SSD in there now? If the latter, have you noticed any differences?

FerrersWay

I've used a 64GB SSD, I haven't had much time to check if its any faster or not, will report back after a few days.

Contigo

Sponsor
This morning (cold!) the entertainment unit became really slow switching between sources and even volume control was about 10 seconds delayed! CD skipping at one point, I do wonder if they are all like that or if I need to replace the HD on mine with a newer faster HD or an SSD.

Contigo

Sponsor
I've used a 64GB SSD, I haven't had much time to check if its any faster or not, will report back after a few days.

Please can you send me a link to the drive you used and also software needed to backup the existing data etc...