Coolant hoses

philgarner

I've got some kind of small coolant leak - I need to do some more investigation and it might be the radiator but at first glance I am suspicious of the bottom hose and the manky looking jubilee clip on it.

Bottom hose not too bad on eurospares - £16 or so, but some of the others are crazy money. I found a couple of threads about some complete silicone hose kit replacements for the 3200 but nothing for 4200/GS. Our cars are getting old enough now where it'd be a good idea to replace all these I would have thought.

voicey

I'm sure the guys at Roose (who make the 3200 hoses) would be able to make 4200 ones if they were provided with a set to copy.

philgarner

Yeah my first post doesn't really go anywhere does it? I meant to ask if anyone had a supplier for a kit etc.

I have emailed Roose to see what they can do.

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

SteveM

Paul Roose has just been waiting for a 4200 owner to donate a set of hoses so he can make some moulds and then start selling kit. You are unlikley to get your originals back but if first you will probably get heaviliy discounted set of new silicone hoses back in return. Also need to allow a few weeks for him to make moulds and produce hoses.

SteveM

Not my position to say - but those hoses where he hadn't any moulds he offered for free in exchange for my originals and where he had some previously (part of the set) he offered at a discount.

2b1ask1

Special case
There are some variants on the 4200 as you might expect over the lifetime of the model. Principally the link pipe across the back of the banks is either all rubber with a T or short right angles and a long T with a short wriggle up to the heater matrix. The real bu99er is getting the two hoses off the back of the heads and even more so the small bore vent pipe from under the plenum. I did try and get silicon hoses in production but I was badly let down. If you get roose making them, there are some simple improvements over stock that they can make by pretensioning them (making the mouldy with slightly over bent or under bent corners) this will better support the longer runs and flow, don't forget there are three bores of hoses on the car; all will perish at the same rate so need changing at the same time.

Personally I suggest your leak is more likely the radiator, they suffer from icing of debris between the A/C and main rad that splits and rots the rad along the bottom.

2b1ask1

Special case
Add to that the bottom large bore hose has an impossible bend as it sits too close to the ARB!